Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #1

Default Hot water does not flow

I still can't get hot water pressure when running shore water on my 2009 FDS. Starts off OK for 10 or 15 secs then reduces to a dribble. Both the cold in and hot out valves are open. The by pass connecting the hot with the cold lines is closed. Tank has been flushed out and is free of crud and deposits. Tank also fills. If there is some sort of blockage must be at some point where the water leaves the tank, because when I open the by pass, there is pressure, (but no actual hot water). Any one else experience this?

BCRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:57 AM   #2

There is some sort of valve on the top of the hot water tank that probably needs to be replaced. Same thing happened on my X160. I tried to get at it, but made it worse. Took it into RV place and they repaired it.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #3

The newer hot water tanks have a check valve at the top and bottom.
I had my lower one give me trouble. There is the stem, small spring and a small plastic retainer that holds the spring on. The retainer slipped of.
Reinstall the retainer and get a soldiering iron and melt the end of the valve stem to keep the retainer from slipping back off. Jerry
equalizer
P2
jerkar is offline   Reply With Quote