Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
RnD

Default Hot Water Tank

Quick question: Do I have to specifically fill my hot water tank through a valve for it or does the pump transfer water into the hot water tank from the large fresh water tank? I see the caution "Don't Turn On Hot Water Heater if Tank is Dry" but I see no indicators to tell me the hot water tank is Full! Don't really wish to burn out my heater element.
I have a FunFinder T-139 2008 and am trying to the hot water on while using the propane.
Thanks

RnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #2

You can turn on a hot water tap until water flows, or release the pop off valve on the hot water tank until water comes out.

Once water flows freely from either one, it is full and safe to turn on.

Hobie i9s kayak
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
RnD

Thanks for that info!
Another question.
Will I hear the sound of the pilot lighting, see it or feel heat from the unit box on the outside of the trailer when the pilot is burning? (We can hear the pilot light & feel heat from the refrigerator vents when using it.) We flipped the heater switch on the wall near the range and saw the red light come on, but it remained on suggesting the pilot wasn't lit (still on propane). After 10 minutes it was still lit and no hot water. We repeated the process several times with the same result. And yes, we lit the range to make certain there was no air in the propane line.
Any words of wisdom? Advice?
RnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #4

Yes, you will hear it, especially if the cover is open. Is the switch on the outside set to the off position? If it's on it will try running off of 120v.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kafn8t...n/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kafn8t...n/photostream/
Hobie i9s kayak
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #5

Default 2014 XT276 Water Heater issues

This was our first time dewinterizing our XT276 and we have not had hot water since. I tried trouble shooting and ended up bringing it to the dealer who assured me that everything is working fine and we will have hot water. Last night I set up in the driveway again any started putting it through some tests. When running gas only, the burner kicked on. When running the taps. no hot water comes out. Strangely, when I pull the relief valve, hot water does come out. I'm not super knowledgable on this stuff but what this seems to be to me, is that there could be a valve not open somewhere which sends the hot water from the heater tank to through the system.

I am completely baffled here and get nowhere with the dealer. I had to wait 1 1/2 months to get it in and they had it a week. Frustration is setting in.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #6
roy

Your bypass valve is open. Close it and you should get hot water. This valve is suppose to be in the open position for winterizing. Mine is located under the bed near back of tank there are three valves its the one connecting the hot side and cold side.

It's the black valve dead center of the pic on mine.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy
Your bypass valve is open. Close it and you should get hot water. This valve is suppose to be in the open position for winterizing. Mine is located under the bed near back of tank there are three valves its the one connecting the hot side and cold side.

Thank you so much. I'll check this tonight. It makes sense. The dealer never showed us anything about the operation of anything. They made the sale and we were on our own. Not going back there. Thanks again for the simple advice. I get more help here than I will ever get at the dealer.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #8
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmonkey85
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy

Thank you so much. I'll check this tonight. It makes sense. The dealer never showed us anything about the operation of anything. They made the sale and we were on our own. Not going back there. Thanks again for the simple advice. I get more help here than I will ever get at the dealer.
You are welcome. I had to learn this on my own as well. Dealer was no help on a lot of things. I hope this solves the mystery, I found this out wày out in CO on a trip. About an hour of stomping the floor and there was the problem right in front of me. Flipped the valve closed as shown in pic an instant hot water.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #9

Default Thank U

Purchased a used 08 FF...thank u Roy as your pics saved the day. The manuals don't give enough info and some of my Google searches didn't help any. Once I read this post and saw the two pics I realized that I could not leave the middle valve open...now I have Hot Water!!!
NEFANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy

Wow Roy, you just solved my hot water problem. We've only had our FF out 3 times, but couldn't get the hot water to work properly. The closest we got was a pulse of hot then cold then hot then cold. I even called customer service at the factory, and the gentleman I spoke with was of no help.

I just checked my valves, turned off the valve Roy suggested, lit up the water heater, and now have steaming hot water flowing from my faucets.

Thanks so much, Roy.

Sammy
Old 05-16-2020, 08:40 PM   #11

Default Bypass valve

My bypass valve came off and I can’t get it back on. Can I purchase a new one or do I have to replace that whole system?
Intl30pds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #12

This video explains the by pass valve function