Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
M&M

Default Impressions of our new camer

We purchased our 2008 Fun Finder 210WBS in April of this year. We had seen one like it last year, and my wife really liked the layout, design, and decorating. We had to go a long ways from home to find this camper. We have been tweaking on it in our spare time ever since we got it home. We took our first camping trip with it last week.

The Good:
The camper pulls nice and is generally a nice unit to camp in for the two of us. Our initial good impression of the design and features is still the same.

The Bad:
We expected we would have to do at least some “tweaking” on a used camper and would want to do the little modifications to make it our own. However, I did not anticipate the number of poor workmanship issues this camper would have. I realize it was used camper, and some issues could be related to the previous owner or the dealer that set it up. However, the majority of the problems could only have come from the factory. I haven’t looked much at other campers, and don’t know how they compare to the Fun Finder, but I expect some are better. I think we will end up with a nice camper we like, but we are disappointed with quality control at Fun Finder.

Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #2

Welcome to the FunFinder family !

Sorry you feel that way about the quality control on your 210WBS. I guess I was extremely fortunate on our '08 210WBS (bought new in February of '0. The only "factory issue" I had was on our maiden voyage, the "P" trap on the galley sink came loose. Tightened it up and it came loose again. Vibration would cause the nut to loosen. Put some fusible electrical tape on the nut (two turns on the nut, up on the pipe one turn around it) to keep it from vibrating loose and that fixed it. That's engineering though, not QC.

Only two other problems, not CruiserRV issues. Jensen DVD player stopped working the 2nd year (Jensen is, unfortunately, not known for their quality any longer; in the '70's the made quite good automotive electronics). Early in the 3rd year, I developed a tiny leak in pouring rain around the front window. My fault...I failed to detect a hairline crack in the caulking...should have caught it in my twice yearly inspection of caulking

I've made a lot of "improvements" (I'm like Tim the Tool Man Taylor; LOVE to tinker!), but, the over-all build, fit and finish on ours was top-notch. Some friends wanted to get into RVing and liked our rig so much that they went out and bought a used '08 Commander and a new '11 FF 244RBS (they have three adults and the 210 was too small). They, too, suffered the "loosening P trap" syndrome, but, I told him how to fix it and they've been on the road now for 3 months without further incident or issues.

Maybe yours was a "late '08"? CruiserRV started a fairly large expansion in their lineup for 2009-2010 and I would imagine that some QC took a hit as they worked the kinks out of the assembly process for so many different models.

Hope you get the kinks worked out so that you can enjoy, what I consider, one of the "best bang for the buck" trailers made

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Site Team

Yes, sorry to hear your having problems. My experience is closer to Webslave's, although no issues with the p-trap. The only problem I've had wasn't a FunFinder issue, it was with the Suburban heater that would run fne for several hours and then shut itself down in the middle of the night. The dealer took care of that as a warranty issue fortunately.

Let us know what your issues are as you find them. Someone here can more that likely help you work the kinks out.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
M&M

Thanks for the responses. I do appreciate the support that is available on this site, and enjoy the posts on how to fix various problems. I do intend to post some of the "fixes" we have come up with as well.
I am glad there are Fun Finders owners that had units with good build quality.
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #5

Have just discovered the second major issue on my brand new 2011 215X - leak in the front window which appears to be from the roof. (previous leak in the shower). Disappointing to say the least, but customer service at Cruiser seems to be ok if you phone (not email). Best of luck.
Mini Schnauzer Bogey
kayaks, mountain bikes, golf clubs, wine fridge
LIFE IS GOOD
gwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote