Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #1

Default inconsistent leaking

We're having issues w/ water leaking in our '07 Cikira, 189 FB. We've been out and had driving rain and no leaking and then in light rain there is water again on the floor just in front of the sink. No obvious leaking from sink drains and tightened them anyway. no run in from side port openings, H2O heater, city water, refer, etc as those were caulked by dealer this spring and me. Water tank appears to be intact and hoses that connect to it. I've made sure we've got a bit of a tilt to help drain off the flat roof. I turned a hose on and let it run on the roof in different spots and no leaking.

We have had issues w/ condenstation, at least that what I think it is, and then water dripping down from the A/C when its used a lot. But going on roof and inspecting it w/ cover off shows no apparent issue w/ drain. A/C unit looks like its set on a tilt to assure it drains to the roof and off.

The biggest problem is that the floor in front of the sink is getting soft under the linoleum. When I go under the camper and push on the floor from below it seems solid, but if the water is coming in that won't last long.

Any sage advice would be appreciated.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #2

Several things you might want to check...

1) Sealant condition on the edge molding along the kitchen side of the trailer (IMHO, long shot)

2) Sealant around the porch light...sounds strange, but, that light is directly in line with the sink on the 189FBS. If it is leaking down the inside of the outside wall and the tilt is towards the other side (street side), it may be hitting the floor and running to the front of the sink area under the linoleum. A hard driving rain may not produce the leak as the rolled up awning may offer some "shielding", while a gentle rain with some breeze may be constant enough to cause the issue.

3) I'm not sure where your vent stack is, but, it is possible that you may have a leak around the base where it sticks out of the roof. Usually there are two vent stacks...one for the black tank (located near the bathroom and its black tank) and another for the gray water tank, usually located more forward and in your case, probably near the kitchen.

Just some more places to look

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote