Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2017, 02:37 AM   #1

Default Keeping mice out of the trailer

I am wondering if anyone has a great tip to keep out the mice. I have used the Fresh Cab Mouse Repellent for the last several years and this has worked great. Now they have quit making it.

What does everyone use for this problem? We usually try to check it around once a month in the winter.

Cynsew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:26 AM   #2

Quit making it? I believe someone is feeding you a bunch of B.S.

It's still available in farm/home stores here and also on Amazon.com & Ebay and many other sites ... just google 'Fresh Cab'

Old 10-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #3

Amazon says it ships in 1-2 months and you probably did not notice the prices on ebay. The cheapest one was $40.00 a box and one was $300.00 and another was $999.99. I have been all over my town and it is just gone. This is why I am looking for an alternative. I do want to thank you anyway for trying to help. I do appreciate it!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #4

Dryer sheets, bar's of soap have worked for us.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #5

Thank you! I will try that. Any particular bars of soap?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #6

Tractor supply if you have one nearby ... $14.99 a box of 4 pouches.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...epellant-10-oz

Here: https://www.earthkind.com/fresh-cab/ indicates available at Lowes and Ace Hardware stores.

Here @ $14.99 and will ship: https://www.jefferspet.com/products/...dent-repellent

OR ~ How many boxes do you need? I think my local Farm & Fleet has it for about $12 a box and can ship 2 U. Will check availability in store this afternoon as stopping there anyway.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip5 View Post
Dryer sheets, bar's of soap have worked for us.
I've seen mice EAT bars of soap.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #8

Buy a couple rubber snakes but don't forget to tell your spouse.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #9

Well I clicked on each of these sites and they say out of stock. There were 15 locations for tractor supply and they all said not available.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #10

I would like two boxes if possible!!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #11

Just returned and I did stop at the local farm/home store. They had maybe a case or more on the shelf early last week.

Now, the shelf is empty with a sign that states: "Due to mfg production problems, we are currently out of Fresh Cab"

Sorry.

Maybe get some Essential Oil made by NOW and mix Balsam Fir Needle Oil and Peppermint Oil together and pour it on ground up corn cobs = make your own. I don't buy new every year, simply use apply a 10 drops of Balsam Fir Needle essential oil to the pouches from several years ago.

What are the ingredients in Fresh Cab rodent repellent?
A:
QUICK ANSWER
The main active ingredient in Fresh Cab rodent repellent is balsam fir needle oil, a natural insecticide and pest repellent. Fresh cab also includes a large number of inactive ingredients, including corn husks, lavender, sage and citrus. Fresh Cab works because mice and other small rodents dislike the way that balsam fir needle oil smells, making them avoid areas treated with the product.

FULL ANSWER
One of the main advantages of Fresh Cab and other botanical rodent repellent products is their non-toxic ingredients. Because Fresh Cab does not contain chemicals such as strychnine, warfarin or other poisons, the product is safe to use in areas frequented by pets or small children. Rodent repellents also eliminate the unpleasant odors associated with using poison.
Fresh Cab is most effective in small, enclosed areas. In larger areas, the product's fragrance becomes too dispersed to effectively repel mice and rats. To treat larger areas, the manufacturer recommends placing one Fresh Cab packet per each 125 square foot area. If this is not effective at driving rodents away, the manufacturer suggests adding additional pouches until rodents no longer appear.
Fresh Cab's manufacturer, Nixalite, asserts that its product lasts as much as three times as long as its competitors, with a maximum effective life of 100 days.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #12

Nixalite is the company that makes Fresh Cab.

Here is a link to their web site:

https://www.nixalite.com/products/rodent-control
Old 10-24-2017, 05:18 AM   #13

Irish Spring soap is what we use. Mice do not like it.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:20 AM   #14

Get a cat?

Here are some tips. loveyourrv.com

We've never had micein our trailer, but we've had chipmunks in Colorado chew up the wiring in our pickup. I like the tip in the above link about putting rings around stuff so the mice can't climb it. However, I've seen mice in our field jump a lot higher than the rings he pictured.

Oooh, read the comments on this website. Seems like string lights may be a good idea. doityourselfrv.com

I read one tip to use peppermint. It's still available and not too expensive although it might be cheaper to make your own. amazon.com/Victor Scent Away
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
Get a cat?

Here are some tips. loveyourrv.com

We've never had micein our trailer, but we've had chipmunks in Colorado chew up the wiring in our pickup. I like the tip in the above link about putting rings around stuff so the mice can't climb it. However, I've seen mice in our field jump a lot higher than the rings he pictured.

Oooh, read the comments on this website. Seems like string lights may be a good idea. doityourselfrv.com

I read one tip to use peppermint. It's still available and not too expensive although it might be cheaper to make your own. amazon.com/Victor Scent Away
We like Ray,s site. He is very down to earth and soothing to listen too. We’ve just spread fabric softener sheets in and under everything but most likely we are just lucky because we live in an oak forest and we’ve had white footed mice in our glove compartments of two vehicle. Will watch your links!

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote