Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #1

Default Kitchen window leak

I keep finding water on my kitchen counter between the back of sink and the wall after a good rain on my XT276. I don't see anything on the wall and I checked the faucet. The bottom of the window has some water on the track but I think that's normal as there are drip holes to let water out. I sealed around the window frame and the porch light which is right about above where I am finding the water.

I am thinking of taking a garden hose and starting at the bottom of the window and working my way up. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks, Mark

2011Harley Road Glide Ultra
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #2

Your approach to find the leak sounds good.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #3

The hose test shows that water is coming in from the bottom of the window, between glass and rubber molding. The inside track with the weep holes must be filling up too fast for the water to escape.

I put a bead of silicone behind the rubber. Hopefully that does it, but it just seems too easy.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #4

Should have used Buytal rubber caulking.

If the leak is still there, trying to reseal with silicone will be difficult....so hope you got it.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #5

I spent a good part of yesterday sealing around my leaking kitchen window. Today, while we were starting to organize we had a south Forida torrential downpour while in the camper. We look at the window and we see a pretty good drip from above and into the window track and on to the counter .

So it's either from the porch light or the outside speaker. Both were removed and sealed. I hope I got it this time.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #6

Do yourself a favor and take Eagles advice on the Butyl tape for any future repairs. It's not that expensive and they use it to seal port holes and sail boats.... You need to pull the window out, but it's pretty easy to do (just a bunch of screws on the inside to remove the frame). The stuff works great.
Offspring22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #7

Had several heavy tropical rain storms and no leaks. Thank goodness. Seems the water was coming in from the porch light, dripping behind he valance and bouncing of the window track onto the counter. I would not have found it if I didn't get stuck in a rainstorm in the camper and catch the drip in the corner of my eye.