Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 10:41 PM   #1

Default Leak under sink and I cannot find it.

Greetings everyone!

I've been living in my rig full time for over a year now with minor issues until now. I have a leak that's under the sink and it's dripping to the outside! Thing is there are no visible leaks, I tried running the faucet, toilet, shower etc.. And found nothing. But it still puddles up and drips to the outside ground. I did find something strange though. I found a white tube not connected to anything under the sink. It's dry now but my water tank is not full either. When the pump turns on it didn't seem to leak but dang why is it there?? Once I figure out how to post a pic I will. The tube is attached to a valve inline with the intake of the pump.

[/img]

Sailorsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:44 AM   #2

Not sure w/o pics but if it's attached to your water pump, could be the suction inlet for winterizing your unit....

Old 08-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #3

When you say the link is under the sink, can you see any water inside the trailer at all? If not, and if you are getting a mystery drip that is outside the sink but is not showing up inside, it could be runoff from your water heater pressure relief valve. Sometimes, when we run our water heater, we get a slow drip from that valve, and the runoff sometimes travels along the molding on the outside of the trailer and then drops to the ground near where the sink is (on the inside, of course).

I don't know why the drip from that valve is intermittent, nor why it runs along the molding, but I have stopped worrying about it, as long as there is no moisture inside the trailer.

I sure hope this is what is happening with your trailer!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #4

Hello !

It is the intake for winterizing. But why would water be spilling out all over under the sink after a year?? The valve is closed!! I visibly saw the water coming out under pressure. Of course the warranty is out!

Dan
Sailorsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote