Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #1

Default Leaking Pass Through

Something for new X210WBS owners to check out
We bought a 2010 X210WBS in January and finally got it home around April. A fellow new owner on RV.net alerted us to watch for a leaking pass-through as his had some significant leaks. Passing on that alert to everyone here!

After a week of rain/snow, sure enough the pass-through was near soaked. Problem seems to be with the gutters discharging directly above the pass-through doors.

Took ours back to dealer for warranty and they've installed gutter extensions. Seems like a band-aid on a bigger design flaw problem, but that was what Cruiser said to do.

Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
Proudcanuck75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #2

Default Bad installation.

We bought our 2010 X189FBS in December. We just found a major issue with a leaking pass through as well. I washed our trailer today and when I looked in the pass through to turn on the battery, I found water covering the floor of the storage area. I found that the hatch doors were not secure. the frames were coming out of the openings. We found that the four screws used to hold the hatch door frames in were all broken at the heads. We could have taken it back to the dealer for the fourth time, but decided to fix them ourselves. There was little to no caulk used around the outside. We had to remove the body of the screws with pliers. And put a good bead of caulk around the frames. We haven't even camped in it yet and we have made more repairs than I ever expected in ten years. Drawer Glides that did not lock, a scratch on the trim around the fridge, missing screws, bad locks, missing table. It's scary to think what might go wrong in a few weeks when we actually try to live in it for a few days.

tymacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #3

We were packing up last friday (28/05/2010) to head out for the weekend and again the pass-through storage compartment had big puddles inside the doors. Seems the band-aid fix of gutter extensions worked for all of 5 days, until the next big rain.

Trailer is back at the dealership for a more significant fix, we hope!
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
Proudcanuck75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #4

Default Leaky passthrough

Hey guys, I have this same problem. Did you guys ever find a fix?
FullCircleHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #5

Default Leaks

Have fairly new 189FBS...have multiple leaks (one thru pass thru and three from top of camper at various locaitons). Have caulked multiple times and still haven't remedied all the problems...very frustrating to be spending lesiure time toweling the inside of our camper during rainstorms.
rwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote