Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #1

Default Leaks

Man 4 year old trailer and ive had more leaks then i can count i took it out for the first time this year and find out the ceiling is leaking around the sky light in the bathroom. plus all my decals are pealing off.. the Sides

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #2

Hi Cueball,

Your leak issues sound horrendous! Sorry to hear about it. I have heard of other FF with similar problems and now I see they have changed the front to a solid molded fibreglass cap because they have had leakage problems. I discussed this with my local tech. He informed that most RV's will have leak problems if owners do not do their ANNUAL sealing around the windows. Nice of him to tell me now. No one mentioned this when I bought it. This is my nineth RV and I have never had a leak problem. I have used sealant in the past on former rigs. The tech talks about a product called PROFLEX. He says there is no other sealant like it. I picked up a tube and it does make quite a nice seal. I used the clear stuff, as it is more forgiving if you are a poor "caulker" like I am.

The tech describes the constant motion the rigs are subjected to play hell with seals around windows etc., so it is a very good idea to re seal every season. You learn something new every day they say. It is rather curious that they do not tell you this when you purchase the product.

flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugelboneman
Hi Cueball,

Your leak issues sound horrendous! Sorry to hear about it. I have heard of other FF with similar problems and now I see they have changed the front to a solid molded fibreglass cap because they have had leakage problems. I discussed this with my local tech. He informed that most RV's will have leak problems if owners do not do their ANNUAL sealing around the windows. Nice of him to tell me now. No one mentioned this when I bought it. This is my nineth RV and I have never had a leak problem. I have used sealant in the past on former rigs. The tech talks about a product called PROFLEX. He says there is no other sealant like it. I picked up a tube and it does make quite a nice seal. I used the clear stuff, as it is more forgiving if you are a poor "caulker" like I am.

The tech describes the constant motion the rigs are subjected to play hell with seals around windows etc., so it is a very good idea to re seal every season. You learn something new every day they say. It is rather curious that they do not tell you this when you purchase the product.

Yeah they never tell you this stuff last year i was out camping on memorial weekend and of course as usual it was raining will come to my suprize i jumped into a nice WET bed cuz the front window was leaking well i pulled that out and had to reseal it. When i first bought the trailer i was driving threw Washington in a sudden down pour when i got to where i was going the floor inside my trailer was wet come to find out the tires threw water up in the wheel wells and they weren't sealed so it all came into the trailer Ive had leaky plumbing and now this roof issue. and i go up on the roof and clean and condition it at least 4 or 5 time thew the summer. I havent even bothered to get up there and look to see where im leaking now since i got back 3 weeks ago. Im honestly just about tired of my fun finder!. my floor creaks when you walk on it the trailer is poorly insulated, the AC and furnace are extreamly LOUD! you cant even sleep at night when their on. My gray and black tanks are way to small th fresh water tank is also to small my aquarium holds more water lol. The white laminate keeps pealing off the side of the cabinets. doesn't mater how may times i glue it back on with rubber cement. I had to replace both sink faucets cuz the original ones sprayed water all over the place. All the decals are pealing off the trailer and looking like crap and iver washed and waxed them just like i was told to several times a year the wax isn't protecting them. I loved my trailer when i first got it. but im so disappointed with the quality I called to order new decals they told me they werent made any more so they would cost me almost 1500$'s so i may just buy the new model ones i like them better anyways, and there only 75$ for the whole trailer set.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote