Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to smokjump
Default leaky toliet

I have a toilet leak ! Doesn't appear that any of the lines are leaking around the connections, looks like it is leaking at the floor level. Is there a seal or gasket between the floor and the toilet like in your home or are they caulked to the floor when installed?

smokjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #2

Yes there is - at least there was on mine. It a soft foam gasket - not wax like a traditional toilet. Mine wasn't in too bad of shape, but it can become crushed in spots and potentially leak (if not fluids, odors from the holding tank).

I replaced mine this spring as part of maintenance. The part was around $5. Very easy to do. Drain the tank, disconnect the water supply from the stool, disconnect the two bolts on the floor flange, lift toilet and remove ( I put down a plastic bag in the shower pan to set it on), remove old gasket, install new gasket, and install in reverse order.

Ed

Ed Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to smokjump
Default leaky toliet

Where did u buy the gasket?
smokjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #4

My local RV shop had them in stock. I had the manual for the toilet and got the part number from the exploded diagram.
Ed Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
TCP

Default inlet valve vacuum breaker

If it appears to be fresh water, the inlet valve may be leaking when the water pump is on or the system is otherwise pressured up. There is a vacuum breaker on the inlet valve that, on mine, started leaking under pressure. I simply sealed the valve (looks like a black rubber gasket down in a tube) with RTV silicone. The only other choice was to replace the whole valve at $50.
TCP is offline   Reply With Quote