Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #1

Default LED For Ceiling Lights

I have been looking for LEDs for the ceiling lights on my 230DS. It is the same connection that was on my 2004 189FBR. However, the LEDs that I had and that fit were #194s and had a small chip type connection on the end. The ones I am find now are plastic with a small wire lead that comes out on each side (opposites) and is wrapped or bent around the end. These do not fit.

What are people buying and where?

qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Site Team

The bulbs in my ceiling lights were #194 wedge base incandescent. I replaced them with these:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ini-wedge.html

They have 10 LEDS and are just as bright as the incandescents, although the color is a bit different.

Over the bed I used the 7 LED version which aren't quite as bright, but are bright enough to read.

From your description though, these may not fit your application. The website above has a ton of different options. Best bet would be if you have the bulb number or base style # you can find one that will fit.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I will check out the website and report back.
qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #4

Default A late LED entry ....

I too have had good luck and results dealing with SuperBright. I have also had really great success with these 36 LED panels I pick up from various sellers on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/120762392232...84.m1439.l2649

They are coming from Hong Kong so take a while longer, but can't beat the price! If you have any problems, I've never had any issues with the 5-6 sellers in making good on an occasional bad bulb. These particular lights are cool white but bright enough to replace the 921 bulbs. Definitely use far less power. You need one panel for each bulb you replace. I also replace the one over the stove in the hood buy making a lower mounting strip with a piece of aluminum and installing that with 3M dbl stick foam tape. The LED panel is just above the plastic light cover strip, shines straight into stove top and is much brighter in effect than the 921 bulb when up inside the light cavity.

FYI, I did try some so called 'warm white' bulbs direct from a dealer in AZ who advertised 'latest high output', at $15 each. They might have qualified as mood lighting, a nice warm glow .... but the only place they were close to being 'bright' was directly under them, since each LED was encased in a lens that focused the light. I returned them and had to fight for a full refund, including getting a dispute started with AMEx. Never have had those kinds of issues buying on ebay and generally have been very happy with the results.

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #5

Default Lights LED

I bought a bunch of LED panels from Mopac /Automotive( here in Canada). They come in different number of LED's per panel and come with 3 different plug ends. Now they are not a soft white light -but since I replaced every bulb in the damn trailer for $80.00 I don't care! I have had one fail ( but that isn't a suprise as anything electronic will fail within 6 months if it fails at all). I can turn all of the lights on and the amp draw is just over 1.5 amps. My small solar panel puts out more than that so I figure I am covered!
rewindgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to oejeffrey

Hey fischnet
I just ordered one of those replacement bulbs you have the link for there. If it works out I will order them all for my F.F.
Hope this works out and thanks for the link !!!

2005 Honda Pilot ( traded in but missed )
2011 Toyota Tundra with a big ole 5.7 liter
2007 FunFinder 189 FBS
oejeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #7

Default Lights and battery

Having these LEDs makes a significant difference! Don't have to worry so much about the pump and fans knocking the power out! We don't use lights to light up the night in the trailer and turn them off when not heeded, but we do use them "as needed". We spent 5-6 days 'dry' camping in Olympic N.P. end of June (not really dry since it rained for better part of 3 days so we were inside more than normal) and we pushed it to see how the batteries would hold up. I ran the gen for 30mins about day 3 and another 30 day 5 and the batteries were getting right down there (low) by the time we packed up. So I'm figuring if we run the gen for 30-40 mins every other day we'll likely do just fine.

Note that in all honesty, the LEDs do not 'quite' have the same lumen output, but are close enough (for us anyway) for comfortable operations inside the trailer! Highly recommended if you camp without shore power very much!

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote