Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2022, 02:16 PM   #1

Post Low water pressure to kitchen sink

I have a 2019 Fun Finder 23BH. Beginning last year the water pressure (both hot and cold) to the kitchen sink is very low to the point you can't even wash your hands. The bathroom and outside sinks, toilet and shower has normal water pressure. What I have tried:
* I replaced the entire kitchen faucet thinking something with plugged within the faucet. This did not change the pressure.
* After reading some threads in the forums they mentioned a water filter under the sink or near the water heater. I traced the line, even checked behind the fuse panel for this filter and found none.
* Looked for kinked lines or shut values and found none.

Everything appears to be good, but I still have low pressure at the sink. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have not done anything with the water pump as I am a newbie to this and not sure what to check there.

tbland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:50 PM   #2

If both hot and cold water are affected and only at that sink,I would think that the problem is distal to the valves but if the entire faucet has been replaced, that doesn’t seem to be the issue. RE: the filter, it only filters cold water (and I believe only to the kitchen sink). If it filtered the entire system, all fixtures would be affected. Interesting problem, sorry but no real suggestions with the current info .

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:32 PM   #3

Update: I was getting no water when running on the pump. I removed the pump and had it tested and found it is bad. Unable to get a pump today I just capped the ends until my new pump arrives. Hooked the water back up and no change in water pressure to the kitchen sink.

I was going to replace the faucet again and decided to run the water with no faucet connected. This was interesting because it appeared the cold water was passing through just fine but the hot water pipe had very little water coming out. Would this be normal? I would assume the pressure would be equal.

So... The outside sink pressure is probably the strongest water pressure and the water line goes from heater to outside sink to kitchen sink. Somehow there seems to be a blockage between the two sinks but no idea where as it seems to be a straight shot.

Am I overlooking something?
tbland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:14 PM   #4

I would start by removing the aerator and test without it. Here in CA for example we have low-flow faucet requirements. Maybe your new faucet has a too restrictive aerator?? Also, while the faucet was detached did you check water pressure and volume coming out of the H and C PEX lines (into a bucket)?
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:22 AM   #5

Not sure of your layout but is there a slide out between your outside faucet and your sink faucet? If so, it's possible you are pinching the lines. It's also possible that there is a malfunctioning check valve somewhere in the line that's causing problems. Also, you said you were getting good flow elsewhere in the trailer. Is that good flow before you get to the problem sink? Sound like you will need to do a check of the lines between the inside and outside sinks. I'm betting they are pinched. The one thing about trailers is they always find a way of making you want to pull your hair out.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 11:43 AM   #6

Isolated low hot water pressure could be an indication of water heater sediment problems. Suggest you flush the water heater and see what sediment comes out. Also, if your water pump is still out, uncap the pump connections and try applying air pressure back through each valve that gives you low flow. There could be a piece of pipe plastic or thread sealing tape stuck somewhere.
jimplumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimplumley View Post
Isolated low hot water pressure could be an indication of water heater sediment problems. Suggest you flush the water heater and see what sediment comes out. Also, if your water pump is still out, uncap the pump connections and try applying air pressure back through each valve that gives you low flow. There could be a piece of pipe plastic or thread sealing tape stuck somewhere.
I believe the OP stated that both the hot and cold water lines were effected, therefore its unlikely to be related to the water heater.
Old 06-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
I believe the OP stated that both the hot and cold water lines were effected, therefore its unlikely to be related to the water heater.
tbland's last post said:
"I was going to replace the faucet again and decided to run the water with no faucet connected. This was interesting because it appeared the cold water was passing through just fine but the hot water pipe had very little water coming out. Would this be normal? I would assume the pressure would be equal."
jimplumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimplumley View Post
tbland's last post said:
"I was going to replace the faucet again and decided to run the water with no faucet connected. This was interesting because it appeared the cold water was passing through just fine but the hot water pipe had very little water coming out. Would this be normal? I would assume the pressure would be equal."
What the OP observed is normal. The flow will not be equal! Why? Because the water heater has two spring check valves (one going in and one going out). Since it requires some force to overcome the spring tension in these check valves, water will flow faster out the cold water line until a restriction on the cold water side is encountered (such as a faucet). If the OP blocked the cold water line, in theory, the flow on the hot water line should increase significantly.