Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-01-2022, 03:19 PM   #1

Default Manual for t160

Hello, I just purchased a 1998 t160 single axel rv. I need a owners manual to know how to operate tanks ect. I see videos online but i see a gray tank in the side compartment under the toilet. Im lost please send me link
Thank you
Relvistcb
Attached Thumbnails
20E6E673-6F2A-4243-9DE8-3B9D07F8CC0A.jpg  

Relvistcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:00 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Lots of info to be had here. The photo of your ‘98 Shadow Cruiser seems to show that it was well taken care of over the years. I hope that’s the case for the entire rig. Sadly, I’m thinking that there prolly isn’t a T-160 specific user manual as it seems that CruiserRV chose to go the “generic” route for their RV line up. It’s likely a reasonable approach since regardless of the model, most of the components are the same throughout the product lines. I could be wrong but generic user guides seem to be the case as there have been numerous requests similar to yours and I’ve yet to see anyone provide a “specific” user guide for a particular model. Again, I could be wrong. You’ve already started down the right path by watching YouTube videos. The “Google” will be helpful too, as will the members of this forum. If you have a question, either general or specific, just ask it and someone will reply (usually)!
Again, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more photos of the “new to you” T-160 Shadow Cruiser.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:40 AM   #3

Just to add to what Rip said, the manuals for each of your subsystems (fridge, stove, a/c, etc) are often available on the manufacturer's website.

Even if your precise model number for each appliance is not shown, it is often the case that similar manuals will have a lot of useful cross-over info applicable to your model.

Good luck, and ask lots of questions!!
Old 09-03-2022, 11:36 AM   #4

Default Hi Thanks

I wanted to know about the gray tank and black tank. This rv doesnt have a black tank but does have a pullout gray tank on the side under the toilet. I see a lever to open the outlet to where sewer pipe hooks up, but will the gray one drain automatically?

it is in great shape I just ordered a tankless hotwater heater the one in there leaked all over the floor when i hooked up a hose to outlet lol.
thanks for your reply
Relvistcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 04:25 PM   #5

I think I see the problem -- the term "black tank" does not mean the color of the outside of the tank. The black tank is used to collect sewage, the infamous "black water," and if your trailer has a toilet, it has a black tank.

The gray water tank holds the gray water, which is from the kitchen sink and the shower.

The fact that there is a pullout under the toilet probably means that you have a cassette toilet. You may have to remove the cassette and then dump it directly into a waste disposal dump station.

Before pulling any levers, it is probably a good idea to have someone knowledgeable look at your setup and tell you what to do.

There is a good chance that there are "leftovers" in your tanks from the previous owner, so you want to be extra careful until you are sure about how things work.

Hang in there, and keep asking questions!! We were all newbies, once upon a time.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relvistcb View Post
I wanted to know about the gray tank and black tank. This rv doesnt have a black tank but does have a pullout gray tank on the side under the toilet. I see a lever to open the outlet to where sewer pipe hooks up, but will the gray one drain automatically?

it is in great shape I just ordered a tankless hotwater heater the one in there leaked all over the floor when i hooked up a hose to outlet lol.
thanks for your reply
Are you saying that the water heater tank was leaking or the plumbing? While a “tankless” water heater may be a reasonable solution if the water heater tank is the source of the leak, if it’s the plumbing, the leak will still exist. I had a leak in the by-pass valve that was fairly easy to fix by replacing the valve and some of the PEX tubing. Even with the “demand heater” that leak may still be an issue.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oowners manual