Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #1

Default Mission Tires

Hi everyone,
I am new to funfinder forum and glad to be here. DW and I bought a new X-210wbs Dec. 08. It came with mission tires and us being new to travel trailers didnt know about problems with them. Since we have read of folks that would not have them because of blowouts, tread seperation, etc.
My size is 205/75 R14. Has anyone changed these tires out and if so what did you put on. I keep a close watch on tire pressure and treads. No fun being on the side of busy highway trying to change a flat. These tires have around 1500 miles of so on them and they look good. Just love our new trailer and plan to use it for many years. Any advice given will sure be appreciated.

arkie21

arkie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #2

Welcome..
IMHO, I wouldn't replace the tires until you start having problems with them.
I've got >10k kms on mine with no major problems (knock on wood). I've had to get a couple patched though, I live in a new area with a ton of construction.

First thing I would check is the date on the tires (including the spare). Tires are only good for 5 years, according to the manufacturers. Then I would just make sure you inspect them as part of your pre-trip inspection everytime you travel. Check for nails , then anything that doesn't look right.

I know that everyone wants to do the preventative measures, but I've read about the same amount of blowout/failure rates with other tires. So choose your poison.

With Trailer tires the issue is that they sit for soo long, then are typically scrubbed (slide sideways) to get into a spot. Neither of those are good for a tire. Problem I have, is that you have to take everyone's experience as a grain of salt, and the internet being the way it is, you are going to read about more bad experiences than good.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #3

Thanks jb_bb

These tires were made in March 08, so am hoping to get some good tire wear on them. Even when not traveling, i keep trailer under a carport and i park the tires on wood and try to take trailer for 10-15 mile spin once a month to keep them from getting flat spots and to flex the rubber a bit. Thanks again for the advice.

2007 Tundra
2009 X-210wbs
arkie21 is offline   Reply With Quote