Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #21

Good point, thanks for helping us think here. I appreciate. We can leave a 1 inch gap on the front panel, on the top side, so air can ventilate. This gap should not be too noticeble then. And also on the left hand side is the small cupboard( Pantry) to leave some space open there so air can ventilate to the left into the pantry also. This should help with warm air in that small area then. We are on LED lights inside the trailer, that should help the inverter also.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #22

Update on our progress. While puttering around with the inverter and all the electrical, we decided to add 3 light switches on the wall near the door. We have now completely taken out all the electrical light switches from the original control panel. This is a huge win for us, after finding the control panel very confusing to get the lights to work easily. Switch 1 : for the outdoor light and cargo light. Switch 2 for Entry door, bathroom and kitchen area and Switch 3 is for the couch and bedroom area. We used the little red thingies from the control panel and will see how they hold up. We might switch them out over time for a real light switch on low volt.

There are holes in the floor in the area near the inverter, previous owner had steel wool bunched up in there, we have spray foamed it to keep dust and mice, out. Also spray foamed a bit where the big black pipe goes up in that wall, as it seems it was a bit loose, we want it not to rattle.

Now waiting for spray foam to dry and will then need to do a touch up repair on the floor and then finish the walls. By doing this mod, we have gained enough space for 2 pairs of shoes in front of the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails
Electrical 1.jpg   Light Switches.jpg   Inverter9.jpg   Electrical2.jpg   Inverter11.jpg  

Old 08-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #23

Inverter box moved backwards, this mod is now done and dusted !

We gained 10 " of usable space on the front floor, 2 pairs of size 10 shoes fits in there.

Pic 1 is a month ago, when we bought this trailer. Pic 2 is the inverter today.

We had to patch the floor, to make it look as if the inverter box was always in the back. Floor patch job, to the right where the big black pipe goes up, when the trailer was built new, they hacked the vinyl there a bit. The 1 shelf above it will be loose to easily remove it, to do maintenance on the inverter. Still need to find matching paint filler to fill the little holes, so it looks more professional.

We are very happy how this project turned out. Well worth the work to get it done.

Now onto to building shelves in the closet above the inverter and in the panty to the left, our next mod.
Attached Thumbnails
Inside cupboards Before.png   inverter12.jpg   inverter16.jpg   inverter19.jpg   inverter13.jpg  

inverter18.jpg   inverter20.jpg  
Old 08-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #24

Excellent job! It looks professional, unlike my usual mods. My grown sons call my handiwork "clunk-tional." It works, but it is not often pretty to look at.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #25

This mod with the 2 pairs of shoes works fantastic. We just came back from a camping trip and as it goes, we have more than 2 pairs of shoes on the go, between the 2 of us, and we now have discovered that that newly found space is tall enough for an extra shelf in there so we can double our shoe space to 4 pairs of shoes infront of the inverter.

The plan is to add a shelf in there, so we can have 4 pairs of shoes in front of the inverter.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #26

You might even get away with three shelves -- skinny shoes on the bottom, ordinary in the middle, hiking boots on top. Our shoe shelves are tailored for our individual shoe sizes -- I wear a men's 14, and DW wears a ladies' 6.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintyLiz View Post
One thought about putting storage in front of the inverter, make sure it has a lot of ventilation. If it overheats, the breakers will trip and may shorten the life of your unit. Liz
I go along with Liz and remember that if your panel is like mine was in my XT-190, it contains the breakers you may need to access in a hurry sometime. I would play on the side of caution and ensure easy access to the breakers in case of an emergency.

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #28

We did do this mod with safety in mind, my hubbie is an expert in this field ( he does this sort of thing for a living) and he had no concerns with ventilation the way its set up now and the shelf on top of the inverter, is loose. So its very easy to get into the inverter box, if we ever need to. We have also run more cable into the inverter box, for future use.