Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #1

Default Need advice on RVQ propane fitting to Weber Q

I'm thinking of hooking up my Weber "Q" grille to the propane quick connect located on the side of my 189FBR. I never received an RVQ grille or hose with my used Fun Finder; so I need to start from scratch.
Any advice or suggestions on where I might find the right hose and what style quick connect I'd need?

fla2ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #2

If your grill has a regulator (like coleman) It wont work,or it only stays on low setting?

2017 Keystone Summerland 1750RD
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #3

I'll post this for future users since I'm guessing that fla2ri found his information elsewhere or gave up by now

The Weber Baby Q series of grills adapt quite readily to use with the low pressure quick connects on the FunFinders. The Q series from Weber utilize a burner control valve that is not integral to the regulator, i.e., you can remove the regulator and still have a funcitoning burner control valve.

Remove the support screws for the burner assembly to make access easier. Remove the regulator and install the male quick connect fitting. Re-install the burner assembly. Done.

You can get pre-made hoses with the connects already on them, along with the male fitting from these folks:

http://www.propaneproducts.com/catal...-plug-472.html

I have been using the Q120 for years with my 210WBS, but, there are other grill manufacturers out there that make grills that have the regulator as a seperate piece from the burner control valve. I have a 4' hose and a 12' foot hose. If it isn't raining, I use the long hose to get the grill out from under the awning, if it is raining or I don't have the awning deployed, I'll use the short hose just so that I don't waste LP filling a long hose...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #4

you might need a Marshall Extend A Flo Kit, you can find them online. they make one that will "t" off of your lp tank and give you about a 12' hose that you can use for your grill or other applainces.
another place that might have them is lakeshore rv, 231 788 2040
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #5

Default propane fitting

This is very good news. The BBQ that came with our 189FBS is fatiqued, so I went on the hunt to find another that would adapt to the quick connect fitting on the side of the trailer. First place I went was to Camping World, hoping that they might have one. Nothing in stock, and the sales people were not helpful. Basically they informed that it was not wise to try to adapt any portable BBQ's to fit. Their expanation as to what had to be done was so complex, detailed and, expensive, I gave up. I now have hope thx to info on this topic.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote