Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #1

Default Need diagram on tank locations on 2010 FF 189 FDS

Anyone know where I can get a diagram of this? Does not exist in my manual. Need it to winterize this dang thing.
Can ya all help a damsel in distress?

Sadfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #2

Default Tank location?? Or drain locations??

The tanks are underneath the trailer, almost for sure. In the old days, the fresh water tank was under the seat (usually the left side) -- but since about 2008 (and maybe earlier), the tanks were suspended under the frame.

Now, if you are asking about the low point drain for the fresh tank, that should also be under the trailer. On my trailer, the drain was way underneath -- so that in order to open it, I had to crawl under, turn the handle, and get a little wet! I built a long-handled "wrench" out of wood so that I could open it. Later, I completely removed the drain, but that is another story.

Have you crawled under the trailer to look? It's not so difficult. Just don't try to sit up quickly. Please don't ask me how I know that.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #3

Thanks, it really irks me that there is no schematic for this. Pretty pathetic for spending a small fortune for these things. Thanks
Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #4

No I won't sit up...ouch.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
TCP

The fresh water tank is right in front of the front axle. There are two low-point drains on the left (driver's?) side of the tank where you can drain the pipes and a spigot on the tank itself that will drain most of the residual water from the tank. The spigot is facing towards the rear (directly at the front axle) in the middle of the tank, so you have to slide under to get it. The low point drains are just threaded caps on the ends of the pex pipes. unscrew them and let the water run out. There is a white one for the cold water system and a red one for the hot water pipes.

The hot water tank has a drain on the outside under the cover panel. it is a hex shaped bolt-looking thing that can be removed with a 13/16th inch socket (if i remember correctly). What will come out is an anode rod that will look somewhat eaten away. no worries, that is its purpose. You may get a bit of a shower when removing the rod from the outside as residual pressure may remain in the tank.

Once you've drained those three things (low point drains, fresh water tank, hot water tank), you need to shut off the water to and from the hot water tank and open the bypass valve. These three valves can be found under the queen bed. Lift the mattress, push aside the wood panel under it and you can see the back of the hot water tank. The water pump is also there.

Again, there are three valves: one that comes from the water pump on the bottom, one that exits the hot water tank on the top and one on a piece of hose that connects the bottom and top piping. Close the top and bottom valves and open the middle valve on the connecting hose. Now if you run antifreeze through the system, it will not go into your water heater, but will simply flow through the connecting hose into the hot water system, bypassing the heater.
TCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #6

Default Water heater tip

Open the hot water faucet in the sink before you unscrew the anode to relieve the pressure!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #7

Thanks I appreciate the help!