Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

Default New owner question. What is this?

Ok we have only had the camper a couple weeks (2007 FunfinderX) & can't figure out what this button does. If the camper is plugged in to 120v & button pressed it glows orange & a fan runs awhile behind the fusebox. If pressed while camper unplugged no noise & small red light comes on.

Everything seems to work with it off, (charging etc) so we leave it off.
Attached Thumbnails
KIMG0898.jpg  

Rodehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #2

Is it electric water heater? I just had mine installed and he said it will burn up if no water and left on. I'm not 100% sure though just a guess

Old 08-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #3

I have NO such red button in my rig....so I can't imagine. My water heater turns on and off with a switch mounted next to the thermostat to the left of the sink.

When I turn my water heater ON, it glows red...it is gas fired type but has an electric starter.

Does the button seem to be factory installed?
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #4

You call it a Funfinder X. Is it a 160? Or a 139? We don't have that button either but we have a 189FBR.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
APD

Our little rig doesn't have one of those. Maybe it's a modification by the PO.
Perhaps a battery disconnect? That can only be turned "on" (disconnected) while on shore power?
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #6

Default Cooling Fan?

Based on your description, the location and the fan sound-I might guess a previous owner wanted to cool the electrical panel box. Probably wired it so that it only draws power when connected to shore power?
If you can get access to see behind the area look for the fan.
On some of the panel boxes there are small tabs around it so you can actually pull it off to allow access to the wiring if you're so inclined.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:41 AM   #7

Thank you for your responses. Our model # is 189 & it is a 2007. Switch looks factory to me. I thought it could be an inverter, but the plug ins only work when connected to shore power. Our hot water is gas & that switch is on sink wall near the diagnostic display (water pump switch). I'll see if I can get the fuse box to slide out & have a look. We love the camper & everything seems to work, I just need to know how things work. Looked on ebay & amazon but can't find a real manual. I will likely buy one of the generics just to have.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner421 View Post
Based on your description, the location and the fan sound-I might guess a previous owner wanted to cool the electrical panel box. Probably wired it so that it only draws power when connected to shore power?
On some of the panel boxes there are small tabs around it so you can actually pull it off to allow access to the wiring if you're so inclined.
That is what I would suspect. But you never know what the PO was thinking.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #9

Default Generic Manual

I have a generic manual - can email it to you. Covers many of the basics that are common to most campers. PM me with a good email address, then check your spam/junk folder. Glad to send you one.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #10

Quote:
I have a generic manual - can email it to you. Covers many of the basics that are common to most campers. PM me with a good email address, then check your spam/junk folder. Glad to send you one.
I tried but I hit a newbie wall. (lol)
[quote]
"" Due to abuse by spammers, new members are not allowed to send links in their private messages until they have become trusted members.""

Is yours different than the one on the Cruiser site?
Old 09-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #11

Quote:
This sounds like the most reasonable explanation to me. We have a '07 x210 Shadow Cruiser / Fun Finder. The panel cover on our inverter /converter is the same as the one in your pic. We have no such button on ours. (I had to go out and look to be sure). I'd consider leaving it in the on position. Someone installed it for a reason. Just sayin'.
RipVan

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #12

Transfer switch for using the inverter making all outlets live? Have you tried pushing the button while not connected and connecting a lamp or device to a 110 outlet?
qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #13

That is an interesting converter. Doesn't look at all like mine. I love the idea of an auxiliary fan though, I have had to set up a little box fan in front of ours when we run the air conditioner for any length of time or else it overheats and shuts down. It's brand new too, I just replace the inverter last year. I looked for this particular inverter and couldn't even find a picture on Google. Can you give more info like the Brand and model number? Wonder how I would be able to fit a larger fan under there.

Liz

2008 189FBR & 2014 FORD F150
Tons of Free or Inexpensive Mods WackyPup.Blogspot.com