Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #1

Default New PolyUrea roof comming my way!

Hey everyone. October 5th I’m scheduled to have the roof on my 189FDS Redone.

Unless someone this community has a warning I should consider, I’m going to go with Flex Armor (rvroof.com). Basically it’s truck bed liner sprayed on as a roof membrane. It’s actually the least expensive option I have found, and on paper it seams like a durable bargain with a decent warranty.

So... any words of advice or warnings from the community? During to know your thoughts.

Agnitio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:08 AM   #2

I had never heard of this stuff until you posted your question, above -- I did a little googling, and I must say I am sold. See this article:

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/...on-and-review/

It sounds to me like you are doing exactly the right thing -- good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Old 08-07-2020, 05:41 AM   #3

sounds nice, curious what will this run you, and are they removing roof vents, etc to do it?
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #4

Is it opaque enough for light to come in? I noticed in the article they sprayed over a bathroom skylight. Does that seem weird?

He also mentioned getting new vent covers, etc... I wonder if that's a requirement or an option.
Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
sounds nice, curious what will this run you, and are they removing roof vents, etc to do it?
They remove the AC (includes new gadget), and install new plumbing vent and refrigerator vent and new Camco hood for the vent fan. For my 189FDS, he quoted me $2900. The do not spray slide out roofs - which is OK, I have an awning on that anyways. The skylight you have three options. Mask and spray around it, Or if it’s old the spray over it or Pay add’l to replace it.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerofall View Post
Is it opaque enough for light to come in? I noticed in the article they sprayed over a bathroom skylight. Does that seem weird?

He also mentioned getting new vent covers, etc... I wonder if that's a requirement or an option.
He says about half his customers ask for the skylight to be sprayed over because the older ones are deteriorating, new skylight is a couple hundred bucks depending on size... and yes, it’s opaque so no more Natural light. Mine is in good shape so I’m opting to have is masked off and sprayed around.

The new vent covers are built into the price. I’m guessing that’s for the leak warranty
Old 08-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #7

Doing so, would require a road trip thousands of miles across the country to Florida which would not be of interest.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Doing so, would require a road trip thousands of miles across the country to Florida which would not be of interest.
I’m lucky, they have a location In Pasco WA about 3hours away. Nearest one to you is actually Kansas City. Still a long ways for. 3~4 day job.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:49 PM   #9

Agnitio,
I have that installed on my FunFinder. Have had it for over a year. No problems at all. The installation was done in Denton Texas. everything was just as quoted, FF was in the shop for only three days, great experience. Charles

2015 FunFinder F214WSD
2008 F150 with Triton.
ChasWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:36 AM   #10

Probably some reason they don't do this... but I've always thought RVs and trailers/5th wheel roofs should be pitched just slightly to allow rain to flow off and not pool.
Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #11

Did you get your roof done as planned? I'm scheduled to have Flex Armor on my 2015 210UDS. I went to the dealer in Atlanta and was really impressed with the finished product. I suffered through a roof leak on my previous trailer, and insurance blamed the issue on poor maintenance which I argued. Since I got my FF in 2015, I'm on that roof at least 6 times/yr checking seams. It's exhausting. If yours is done, would love to see some pics. Thx!

Bo59funfinder is offline   Reply With Quote