Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

Default New Winterizing info

Last Friday we pulled out all of the helpful info from folks on this forum to attempt our 1st winterizing.

BUT - I got to the part where I'm looking for "the hose connected to the water pump that seems to go nowhere" This special piece of hose is supposed to be where the antifreeze is added. Couldn't find ANY hose!
So...i called CruiserRV service and got the following answer~

On the new models the hose no longer exsists. Now it is necessary to fill the FRESH WATER tank with antifreeze (after draining and by-passing the h2o heater) high enough to be over the water pump minimum operating level. This took 8 gallons of antifreeze plus i finally tipped the trailer toward hose to get the antifreeze in the tank high enough to draw into the water pump.

Then I ran the cold and hot water until anti freeze came out - even longer actually b/c the instructions also say to pour an additional gallon into each of the black and grey water tanks/traps but instead i let a gallon's worth pour out of the taps and toilet and into those tanks/traps.

Pretty sure we "got er done"

WoHeLo!

2011 shadow cruiser 185 FBS
2003 F150
sovos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #2

It must be a Shadow Cruiser thing...they are the "entry level" trailers for Cruiser. I've got friends that have a 2011 FunFinderX and their's has the winterization kit. For $10.95 (or there abouts) you can get one and install it yourself. Darn site easier, and cheaper, than pouring gallons of anti-freeze into your freshwater tank. I hope you can get enough of it out this spring that you aren't tasting it come August...

I find it incredible that the bean counters would go that far though. I must admit though that my new 5th wheel doesn't have one either...at that "level of ownership, the builder expects that you will have the dealer winterize it for you" (according to the dealer). I ordered my winterization kit last week and I'll install it before this weekend. I winterize with air, but, I like having the kit installed in case something happens to my compressor and I have to use it.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #3

Default Winterizing

I too winterized my Fun finder for the first time this weekend after downloading instructions from the forum. Everything went fine and the instructions really helped except in one area...some one could have mentioned letting the pressure off of the hot water tank before taking out the plug, I have never got so wet so fast, there is a lot of water in those things. Lucky for me I was by myself and got changed and back to work without anyone pointing and laughing.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #4

I I put 2 gallons of anti freeze in the water tank and thats enough to run it through all the lines.( including running the outside water )
Thats with the heater bypassed and running the water out of the lines.

NOTE: theres a small hose that loops on the city water line before the filter under the bathroom sink where the valve is to bypass fresh tank.
the filter housing must be emptyed with that small hose.
2017 Keystone Summerland 1750RD
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote