Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #1

Default Newbie - M139

Hello fellow fun-finder's! This is my first post. Please allow me to introduce myself and ask a few questions. My name is Natalie, and I am the proud new owner of a 2008 m-139. I'm new to the travel trailer world, as of yesterday. I don't have anyone in the know to help me figure it all out. So it's just google, youtube and this forum - as far as support goes.

I have not yet filled the propane or fresh water tank, nor have I hooked up to city water or power (other than when the power was on at time of purchase). So I'm sure I will have tons of future questions as I get further along. I've just been brainstorming all the things I might need or want for the camper. Taking measurements, and sitting in the camper with a smile on my face lol.

One issue I have come across, is the bunk was not constructed properly, and the length is just shy of the brackets on the right side, causing it to rest on the top of the valance instead of the bracket. Does anyone have any ideas for extending the bracket or adding a second bracket?

Also, I want to block the windows from the outside at times, so my dogs can't see out and be bothered by passing people or animals. Strange question, I know. Does anyone have any ideas on how to create an inexpensive system to cover the windows from the outside. Must be easy to attach and detach.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Any suggestions, help, comments are more than welcome!

NattyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:20 AM   #2

We have used the silver car window shades.

Muckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #3

Natalie --

Welcome!! Ask lots of questions! Another valuable resource is RV.net -- although the discussions over there tend to get heated, unlike this forum (which is just pleasantly warm).

Is this an X139 or a T139?

Also, several of us have simply removed that bunk -- it can't handle more than 140 lb., I think. We put a cargo net in its place, to hold the bedding.

Good luck, and remember that there are NO dumb questions -- we were all newbies once upon a time, and it is is fun for us old timers to help you avoid the misteaks we made.

Dan
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckk View Post
We have used the silver car window shades.
That was one of my ideas, but how to attach them to the exterior?? Dogs will rip them off the inside.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post

Is this an X139 or a T139?

Also, several of us have simply removed that bunk -- it can't handle more than 140 lb., I think. We put a cargo net in its place, to hold the bedding.

Dan
I believe this to be model M, not X or T. Possibly I am mistaken? It was advertised as such and I can find a few matching models with that model code online. I can't read the label on the trailer, it's too worn.

I think the bunk accommodates 220lbs. Not sure where I got that info. Wishful thinking, perhaps? I thought about removing it. After mulling it over, the dogs and I decided to keep it, so we can utilize the extra space below. I did remove the dining table. It takes up way too much room. A smaller folding table will work much better for me. I want to pretend that area is a living room . As for the bunk - I will be keeping it down full time and adding a lush mattress there. I am thinking about placing heavy duty shelf brackets there to support it. They wont be in the way of head-space, since I will have the bunk down all of the time.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #6

So glad you got your measurements. I am not sure how much weight the bunk will hold I have seen 170 lbs and 220lbs.... I have a 2004 t139 and love it!! Welcome!
2005funfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #7

Thank you 2005funfinder
Old 04-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #8

Today I charged the battery, filled the propane tank and fresh water tank. Annddddd I had a flood!!! Ugh! The toilet is spraying from the water module, and the shower faucet has a crack in it causing water to pour down the wall. On the bright side, these are things I can replace myself (already ordered parts). Also some other positive things - the water heater, water pump, stove and fridge all work great! Hahahaha...Oh well. Gotta have a few hiccups along the way
Old 04-24-2018, 11:10 PM   #9

Yep -- folks have described trailers as kits -- some assembly required.

Hang in there -- you will soon get this unit into proper shape!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #10

Hi! We are pretty new to fun finders too! Welcome. We have a 2006 fun finder T139 that we bought used a couple of months ago. We have the upper bunk and it still has the weight limit sticker of 220# on it. Now, we have different years, so something could have changed in two years. I haven't seen many FF t139s, but have looked at lots of pictures. Seems the X is the smooth sided and the T is the wood and metal skin one. I'm sure there are other upgrades on the X as well.

Somewhere here or on line, is a good brochure for the features our little trailer have. I can look for it again and post it later.

We have had to go over the caulking and seals on ours very carefully, the hot NM sun had dried up a lot of the caulking and seals. Re-sealed and repaired the edges and around the roof penetrations. We still have a leak in the window that we have to track down, and we have yet to have a heavy rain, so anxiously awaiting that!

I'm so impressed with the orderly and well done plumbing in this little trailer. We've had some campers where the plumbing was a contortionist nightmare to fix! The FF has nice little access panels for everything you might need to access! At least your flood was contained in the waterproof bathroom! Our shower faucets leaks a little too, and I'm sure we will get around to replacing it, but it's down on the list as we hardly ever use it.

For outside window covers, what about some sun fella or similar fabric cut and hemmed to fit the exterior frames of the windows? The front window has the rock guard, so you only need 2, right? You could attach with earth magnets or Velcro dots.

We are still doing things to make ours more our own. we took out the top bunk, but kept the parts in case we want to put it back. We wired a charge controller to the battery and mounted it under the fridge. We carry a solar panel in the van and set it up if we are camped and it's sunny. Our microwave was aftermarket, and too big, so we took it out. Might replace it with a small one if I can find one I like. All the things we carry in the upper cabinets are jumbled up when we stop and set up, so I'm thinking of solutions to that small dilemma.

We really do love this little trailer!
Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #11

Here is the link http://www.countryrv.net/upload/Fun%...ure%202006.pdf
Oh, we also replaced all the bulbs with soft whit LEDs. Saves the battery

Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote