Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2009, 03:58 AM   #1

Default No brakes, no signal lights

OK, so I took my X160 out this weekend for the first time. On the trip up I had brakes, but one signal light was out (nothing a new bulb can't cure-- I hope). Upon returning, I had no brakes and no turn signals. There was a heavy rain storm the night before, but I did have my brake cable connector turned upside down so it should have been dry. Could this be an electrical problem? All the interior lights, etc. were still working. Also, when I purchased this used unit, I had no brakes driving home either. My local RV dealer said the line was cut. I'm starting to wonder...Thanks.

FFX160_CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #2

So the RV dealer said the line was cut and didn't fix it for you. That's a pretty big safety concern to not bother fixing?

It definitely sounds like a line is cut somewhere. Either that or the wiring is done incorrectly, more likely a cut line since you had one light initially.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #3

Default Re: No brakes, no signal lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFX160_CT
OK, so I took my X160 out this weekend for the first time. On the trip up I had brakes, but one signal light was out (nothing a new bulb can't cure-- I hope). Upon returning, I had no brakes and no turn signals. There was a heavy rain storm the night before, but I did have my brake cable connector turned upside down so it should have been dry. Could this be an electrical problem? All the interior lights, etc. were still working. Also, when I purchased this used unit, I had no brakes driving home either. My local RV dealer said the line was cut. I'm starting to wonder...Thanks.
You most likely blew a fuse in your TV (tow Vehicle). check under the hood next time this happens. the reason lights were running inside your TT is because all of that was running on the trailer battery.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #4

Default resolution

I should have finished this post off: so the dealer replaced the electrical cord (not the problem), then changed a bunch of electrical gear in my truck (not the problem), then I called their attention to the inside of the connector or end plug--which looked bent and worn. That WAS the problem. Some lessons learned are more expensive than others!