Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2017, 02:37 PM   #21

Well I'm glad you checked the roof before all of the repairs. Would have been a shame to do all this work with a leaky roof. Btw, when they peeled back the fiberglass sides, what was the thickness of the fibreglass? I'm wondering if it is possible to drill a small hole where delammination is occurring then squirt warm slow set epoxy glue in with a syringe. Then place a flat panel on the surface and apply pressure until the glue sets.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #22

It's thicker than formica, thinner than 1/8" plywood if that helps. The repair you described is what we did on the driver's side between the 2 windows. There was a small bubble and it bugged me. There are numerous YouTube videos on how to do it, and a couple of them sell an epoxy repair kit. My next exterior project is to get the crappy, peeling decals off and get the trailer waxed. I washed it yesterday (it hadn't been washed in years it seems) and all the "moldew" (mold & mildew spots are gone). The skin feels pretty good, but it needs a protectant on it.

Jwh92020 is offline   Reply With Quote