Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #1

Default Not Happy with CruiserRV

Over nine months ago I talked to Lisa at Cruiser. I wanted to order the sofa arms that didn't come with my unit. I explained that I would accept any fitting arms and would use the bedspread material to cover them to match if need be. She asked me to send an email with a picture, which I did.

Months go by and I have to admit I forgot about it. I sent another email and now she says I need to see the dealer to order them. In addition, in the second mail, I asked if she could recommend someone at Cruiser who could give me technical advice about moving batteries to the rear of the trailer.

Her response was, "we don't sell batteries".

I'm completely disappointed with the service from Cruiser. This started way back when I purchased the TT and worked directly with Chris who sold me the rv. Many promises were made regarding the conditions of the purchase which he never fulfilled.

Just a short rant. I love my Funfinder 230DS, hard to find a small trailer with a separate bedroom and two slideouts.

I guess the purpose of this post is to vent and also to say there is no loyalty on my part to any company. It seems to be a trend overall.

qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #2

Default Wow -- this is significant

It's one thing when some ignorant newbie is unhappy with Cruiser because a screw is loose on the trim. But when Chris (a long time Cruiser customer, and very savvy) is unhappy, this is something to be taken very seriously.

Chris, do you have a dealer who will go to bat for you? And have you tried to escalate this within Cruiser? The supervisory folks can be very helpful.

With reference to the arms, is there a way you can fabricate them yourself? I have found that some of the stock furnishings were not worth keeping -- for example, most of the cabinetry was made of MDF, very heavy and thick and ugly and not strong. So I tore it out and replaced it with my own stuff, made with birch plywood -- light, strong, thin, and good looking.

Yes, this is a lot of work (and a little expense). But I recognize that no trailer is going to be manufactured perfectly -- they all require customization and maintenance.

Hang in there, and let us know how it goes! I am pretty sure that Cruiser monitors this site . . . . .

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #3

Hey Dan, thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have a dealer and that's what kind of hacked me off. I bought this direct from Cruiser.

Don't get me wrong, I love my FF. Like I said, up until now we haven't found anything like this model. Ideal for two people with a true separate bedroom in a 24ft TT. Limited production and I guess one thing most didn't like was there is no outside storage, only one under the sofa that measures five feet long by less than a foot deep. However, so much indoor storage we never have filled it up.

So I don't have a dealer. And you're right Dan. Living in Mexico it shouldn't be hard to get someone to fabricate sofa arms. It's just that it sounds so simple to take something already made at the factory and pop it into place.

I'm thankful my unit was well-built and we have had no issues other than my crazy mods I want to make .

I'll me back in Monterrey today and may just see if I can find a solution on my own.

They just don't seem too responsive. It could be just one person.
qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #4

A few months after I bought my XT276 in 2012, I wanted a few items. I called direct to Cruiser, placed an order and received the parts.

Since then, Cruiser must have changed their program as the factory will no longer sell direct to the consumer. All sales of parts/supplies, etc. go thru a dealership.

I'm guessing the dealships did not like getting cut out of the parts sales and/or Cruiser found it best to 'support' their dealers.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #5

Yep, that is the same way it's done with boats. You have to order parts through a dealer, as the builder 's do not sell direct. Surprising the OP got a TT direct from Cruiser's.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip5
Yep, that is the same way it's done with boats. You have to order parts through a dealer, as the builder 's do not sell direct. Surprising the OP got a TT direct from Cruiser's.

That is correct and the same is true for most all products sold thru a dealership network. If you need a new chevy motor, you don't call the chevy mfg, you go to a chevy dealer or engine rebuilder. If you have a Firestone tire that is defective, you go to a Firestone tire dealer, not the mfg. If your eyeglasses break, you go to the eye care place .... not the firm that made the eye glasses.

We, as consumers in the RV industry, can be happy the dealers have the ability to "deal" on the price of a unit or goods. Some mfgrs REQUIRE their product be sold at a price SET by the mfg, not more and not less.