Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #21

Good luck rvnewbie in your review of the FF's this weekend. For just my wife and I, the 214WSD is perfect, we are very happy with our choice.

Also, I am on my 3rd Toyota and 4th boat in 22 years.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #22

Default 2 hours each way?

RVNewbie, are you sure you want to buy from a dealer who is so far away? Every RV will have warranty issues -- even an Airstream. My closest dealer is an hour away, and that is a big hassle.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #23

Thanks Rip5. Profdant our closest dealer is a little over an hour away but they don't have what we want to look at in stock. We are going to order a TT because there are some options we want that most dealers don't order so we will get ours from them.
Rvnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #24

I was about to order my new Fun Finder from a dealer 350+ miles away. I called a local CruiserRV dealer (don't carry the Fun Finder brand) and he agreed, and got CruiserRV to agree, to let me order mine.

The local price was $1,465 over the place in OH, but for me, that was worth it, in both time and money. I had already been dreading the drive to pick it up - over 700 miles! YUCK.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #25

Ok, guess I will throw in my 2 cents worth.

We went about 300 miles to a dealer to get my special ordered over the phone 2012 XT276. The dealership was great, everything was demonstrated and explained when I picked it up & about 2 1/2 hours were spent at the dealership.

We never had a camper before either so most everything was "new" to us. Also got the WD hitch from them and the dealer set it up.

It pulled great on the way home and the next several days I spent getting myself familiar with how everything functioned, checked and rechecked things, doubled checked many fastners, operated switches, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I've had to 'tweak' a few things but zero major or even 'large' problems. Self education and familiarity are key. I've never returned to the dealership for anything and only called them twice for information
I was shocked to see $44 grand as the price for a XT275 as that is a huge increase above what we paid for our new, special order XT276. They must have taken a heck of a price jump

We are going into our 3rd year of ownership and so far, pleased with our toy hauler in all aspects.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #26

Default Re: Oh God - What did we get ourselves into?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moons
When we picked up our 2014 XTRA 275 last week, we found a few manufacturing issues that the dealer took care of for us

So far, it definitely is NOT worth the retail price of $44k!!!!!

Signed,
Disgruntled and Dissappointed

Please tell us you did NOT pay $44,000 for your 2014 Xtra 275!

More like $24,000 w/extras.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip5
Good luck rvnewbie in your review of the FF's this weekend. For just my wife and I, the 214WSD is perfect, we are very happy with our choice.

Also, I am on my 3rd Toyota and 4th boat in 22 years.
Well we just ordered a F-214WSD. We had a great price from Wana RV online and shopped it around and the and one dealer was $2000. more and the other one matched it.
This is what we ordered. F-214WSD w/ Maxxair Power vent, Tri-fold Sleeper Sofa and the 15.0 BTU A/C upgrade.
We are not looking forward to the 7-9 week wait time though.
Any sugestions on what other stuff we might need before our first trip?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to shadow

check your mattress for comfort usually pretty crappy. Def do a very complete check, make sure everything works, have them show you al water connection be sure they are not leaking check all electronics. If your boon docking get a good solar panel system, not the harbor freight crap. Run A/C max for several hours t make sure it does not load up and trip breakers, run heater for at least an hour, check all tires including spare for dry rot. Check battery with hydrometer, all cells to be sure its good. Check window seals, make sure the open and close easily and seal
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #29

Plan on adding a memory foam topper to the mattress. It's a pillow top, but it is not much of a pillow. Pretty firm.

Have never seen a 214 with the tri-fold sleeper. What will you use for a dining table? A folding table maybe? Post a pic of the sofa set up once you get the TT. Congrats, you will love it !
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #30

The factory supplied mattress basically just looked like a mattress, not much more than that.

We ditched ours after trying it once. Went to the local furniture store and bought a standard queen size mattress...it hangs over the end of the bed base about 5 or 6 inches but no big deal.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #31

we picked up a very nice triple density foam mattress with microcover from WalMart of all places, price was about 200, excellent mattress and very comfortable and cool
Old 03-23-2014, 05:24 AM   #32

Thanks for the replies!! We will use folding snack trays to eat on and we already have a memory foam topper that we are going to try.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:32 AM   #33

Default Re: Oh God - What did we get ourselves into?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moons
When we picked up our 2014 XTRA 275 last week, we found a few manufacturing issues that the dealer took care of for us

So far, it definitely is NOT worth the retail price of $44k!!!!!

Signed,
Disgruntled and Dissappointed

Please tell us you did NOT pay $44,000 for your 2014 Xtra 275!

More like $24,000 w/extras.
No - we did not pay $44k.

Hubby & I remedied what we could ourselves, but still had to take it to the dealer for three things: CO/LP detector by front door not wired in, black tank flush line not connected, and the thermostat was positioned so that the pantry door would crush it when opened. Dealer fixed # 1 & #3; waiting for approval from Cruiser to fix #2.

We're getting there...
2014 Honda Goldwing (hers)
2012 Honda CRF250 (his)
2010 BMW R1200GS (his)
2008 BMW K1200GT (ours)
The Moons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #34
roy

I find it amazing on #2 that they would need approval to clearly fix or repair what they obviously over looked in the construction.

Typical Cruiser response though, been there heard it already.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:54 AM   #35

Default Haha never fails !!!

Well I was going to make a list of problems so far , but just took a camping trip and sure enough my outside shower valve starts to leak in the wall for about 2 hours before I went back inside and saw a flood of water on the floor , had to pull it all apart and plug the lines so I could use it the rest of the week I was on my trip . When I got home got a whole new outside shower from camping store here in town , had to cut the opening bigger and re plumbed it , it's a lot nicer no hole in it for the hose of the shower to be pushed back into the trailer to get all kinked up !! The box is big enough that the hose and fitting is in the front of the box , of course everything is still all plastic fittings !! If I have more problems with the plumbing I may re plumb this whole trailer with pex and copper fittings !!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #36
roy

That outside shower is a stupid after thought anyway. If mine ever goes bad I think I will just plug it off for good. The location of it is dumb I mean who wants to wash something off up under the awning area not to mention the hose is way to short for any real use. Wide open the water pressure is nothing more than a trickle.

How much trouble was it to replace? Can you get to everything once the valve cover is pulled out of the exterior wall? Mine has spit coolant out the little weep hole in between the two valves before. Only reason I noticed that was the winter antifreeze is pink. It may have done this with water but no more than it leaked water would evaporate to quick. I never use the thing anyway. I have to remind myself its there when winterizing and dewinterizing.

WERA Expert #826
Old 03-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #37

nothing to them, you could just cut and cap the lines and leave everything in place, just lock the cover up (why do they have a lock on that anyway?? Always wondered...maybe so Yogi and BooBoo don't take a shower while your gone) I have used mine a few times, they are not very well thought out and the line is made for somebody 4'10"
Old 03-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #38

Yea it is stupid and useless !!! Haha but the new one I got looks like it will at least work better , yea once you pull it out you can get to everything pretty easy , and of course I had to vacuum up all the trash they just leave in the trailer !!! Unreal the pride they take in these things !! While it was out I added another heat vent in my bathroom since it was always cold in there with no heat vent . Looks better then factory and I know it will work right because I installed it !!! Lol I am wait to silicon the shower box back in until I hook water up to make sure I have no more leaks and then I will put it back , I just had to cut the hole a few inches longer and wider , not to much trouble , also adding some led lights to my awning looks cool at night !!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #39

don't use regular silicon it will break its seal in short order, use non-leveling Dicor sealant, it can handle road vibration and mechanical stress w/o leaking
Old 03-28-2014, 06:48 AM   #40
roy

Two must have tubes of sealant on hand when owning a camper.

1. Self leveling Dicor sealant
2. Non-leveling Dicor sealant

Both messy to use so latex gloves a must have to.

WERA Expert #826