Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #1

Default Original wallpaper installation

Hello,

I am replacing the front wall in our x139 because off a bad water infiltration. I was lucky to get a roll of the original wallpaper. I have tested to glue a little piece with extra
strengh walpaper glueand it does not hold well. After a lot of reading, I assume that the wallpaer is heated vaccum to the wood before installation.

Does anyone as some tip on how it can be done?

Many thanks for your help! I am out of idea and cant seems to find much information on this issue.

Fred

Fred03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:03 PM   #2

Have you tried 3M Industrial spray contact cement? It is expensive (about 20 dollars US) per can, but it really works great.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #3

where did you get the wallpaper? I have several trim pieces that need to be done, also due to water damage.
snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #4

Just got very lucky. I called Cruiser RV and talk to a nice lady who help me around. But she told me that this is not something they use to do. The supplier add a old roll of my color sitting in the backstore so they send me what they add left. Lucky yes but dont find the right way to install it. Made some test and regular wallpaper adhesive surely dont work. I will try 3m super spray glue and I am waiting for a vinyl glue reprensentive to call me back. Hope to get the right product to do a clean job.
Fred03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #5

I wonder if contact cement would work. You may need to rig up some kind of way to apply pressure to what you have glued.
Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote