Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #1

Default Outside Shower Hose

I am a fairly new owner of a 2008 x160, have an outside shower and purchased the proper hose with attachment to use it ($40).

Whenever I hook water supply into the camper I attach shower hose and I can tell water is there as I open the faucet. Once I press the hose handle water comes out but then nothing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and can't seem to find a solution on the forums.

What am I doing wrong, do I need the water pump on for the outside shower to use the hose? It says on the back of the door to do something on the inside if the trailer, is there a switch somewhere?

Any input would be appreciated, could of really used this weekend to hose off feet from the beach, clean up some things outside.

NEFANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to shadow

I have had this problem, ended up removing shower head connection from hose to verify flow to that point, turned out it was some debris in the shower head that plugged everything up, cleared it and worked great. Hopefully yours is that simple. Perhaps you have a diverter valve that you should activate although that would be unusual for an outside shower

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #3

Default Outside shower

Bought a brand new hose but that doesn't seem to work either. When you turn on handles no water comes out, can't find a solution.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #4

do you have water going to the faucet? I would disconnect one of the lines to the faucet and see if you have flow trace it from there, could be a valve from the water tank is not set correctly or a bad faucet
Old 07-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #5

Default Think I may of figured it out....

Upon hooking my home hose up I had plenty of water just not enough pressure for jet spray out of hose. Guessing the two campground I have tried to do the same may of not had enough water pressure? If it was a shower hook up rather than a hose that probably would be ok.

I'm going to see if I can find a regulator to maybe boost the pressure up some.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #6

that doesn't make sense, household water pressure should be more than adequate to pressurize the trailers water system. regulator won't help unless your aiming to lower pressure. Most rv external regs are set at 40psi I think. I think you have a blockage our turned valve between the input line and shower, should be easy to trace if you start at external input. Do all other fixtures pressure up and run good?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #7

Default Outside Shower

Thanks, I will check again. At campground I get a dribble, at home I get a steady stream, just not pressurized. I checked under the bunk and I do not see any valve switches. Does anyone know where this is, maybe post a picture.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 PM   #8

find your water heater, outside shower connection will have to start there