Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2019, 11:13 PM   #1

Default Outside Water Spigot

We purchased an XT276. Love the unit but as I am unfamiliar with it I have not been able to use the outside water spigot. Is there a shutoff valve somewhere I am missing?

Thanks

Harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #2

"outside water spigot" ?

What year is your XT276?

Are you referring to the outside shower just forward of the rear side door?

Old 04-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
"outside water spigot" ?

What year is your XT276?

Are you referring to the outside shower just forward of the rear side door?
It is a 2015. I am referring to the water outlet on the opposite side of the doors. It came with a blue hose that quick connects. Could very well be a shower.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #4

IF I understand correctly, that 'hose connection' is just to the rear of the slideout and next to your cable TV input. It should have a white rubber cover to close it off. Should look like this: https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-1...76Q4TEJQSJ5WDT

That is a city/campground water INLET used to hook a potable RV water hose onto (usually white/some are blue but don't use a standard garden hose) and the other end of the hose connected to a city/campground water spigot. That way you don't have to run your pump and use water from the fresh water tank. City/campground water would already be pressurized.

Here is connecting an RV to a city water supply:
https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/h...-inlet-007908/
Old 04-01-2019, 08:36 PM   #5

Does it look like the picture. If it does the quick coupler is under the cover by our water connection on the drivers side of the tralier. Works off city water connection or you need the water pump turned on. Ours is handy and I use it all the time. Silverado
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2019, 04:36 AM   #6

It is not the city or shore water intake. It is further towards the rear of the coach. The quick connector looks like an air hose connector.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:38 AM   #7

That is it however it does not work with city water or pump. Thought maybe there was a shut off valve I missed
Old 04-02-2019, 05:07 AM   #8

There is no shut off valve on our unit. Not to say there is not one on the interior of yours. I just plug the quick connect hose in and instant water.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
It is not the city or shore water intake. It is further towards the rear of the coach. The quick connector looks like an air hose connector.
No such connection port on my 2012 xt276.

Just the city water inlet and cable TV inlet.

No other 'connections' near them.

Perhaps contact the selling dealer to find out which they should have covered during the walk thru.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #10

Look under bathroom sink my has a valve there
rockport96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:15 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to pbskipper
Default Blue quick connect hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
I have the same hose/connector on my 2015 FF. You will find a back flow preventer fitting INSIDE the recepticle where the hose olugs in and it prevents the hose connector from seating fully and will not allow the water to flow. I removed mine (somewhat forcibly but from outside camper and not hard to do!) and now blue hose attaches easily and works fine. I have no concerns about backfliw thru blue hose but your situation/concerns may be different than mine. Hope this helps.
pbskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #12

Harleyrider, If it looks like a "air hose connector" It may be the Propane connector for the optional outside BBQ. We have a Funfinder 210 and it has that type of connector just behind the rear wheel and it is for the BBQ grill. Just sayin' Maybe?
mjpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpguy View Post
Harleyrider, If it looks like a "air hose connector" It may be the Propane connector for the optional outside BBQ. We have a Funfinder 210 and it has that type of connector just behind the rear wheel and it is for the BBQ grill. Just sayin' Maybe?
On my XT276, the propane connector for the optional outside grill is just behind the steps to the front door on the 'passenger side' of the camper.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpguy View Post
I don't believe it is the propane as he posted it has a blue hose with a quick connect on the drivers side of the trailer by the utilities hookups.

Quote from Harleyrider
"It is a 2015. I am referring to the water outlet on the opposite side of the doors. It came with a blue hose that quick connects. Could very well be a shower."
Old 04-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #15

Since nothing like that on my 2012 XT276, maybe contact the seller?
Or, pull a panel inside and see where the plumbing goes to?
Or, hook a quick coupler to the fitting and see what is discharged with the water system pressurized and/or propane lines pressurized, if anything?

BTW the propane quick coupler for the outside BBQ grill on my unit has a yellow rubber cap that slips over it to keep dirt out and a on/off ball valve just behind the connection to start/stop propane flow to the connector.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #16

Default Simple Solution

I had the same issue with my F-214WSD. I turns out there is a little disc in the coupling that open when you shove the male fitting of the hose into the female fitting on the side of the RV. In time, this disc corrodes a bit and sticks. All you have to do when this happens is to place a phillips screwdriver against the center part of the fitting (the Disc) and smack it with your hand. It will release. It is best to do this with the water off, or it will spray you a bit.

VA Bob is offline   Reply With Quote