Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #1

Default Pesky Water leak coming from under bathtub

Of course it would happen when we're loading up to leave early tomorrow morning! 2013 Shadow Cruiser S195WBS. When we are pressurized hooked to "city" water, there is a slow very small stream of water leaking out from under (?) the bathtub, I guess coming from the water pump? Hoping there's a quick solution/idea out there, or something we could fix on the road. thanks!

hafenbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:15 AM   #2

Not sure if your cruiser is like my funfinder but I had the same type leak. Found it was a flex water hose that was supposed to have the water filter on it but instead there was just an adapter hose on it. The hose has two twist on connectors and tightening these stopped the leak. There are washers in these connectors that appear to dry out. On mine there is a panel under the tv stand where the water lines are and where I have to hook up for wintering the trailer.

Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #3

You don't mention if the leak occurs when you NOT on city water, but using you fresh water pump & tank---does it? i would look for pipes not tightened, etc. Some rv's have a round access panel you can remove to get to the shower valve fittings. if yours does--check there, perhaps you will have to remove the shower water control.
AND make sure you are using a water pressure regulator RV's water pressure are usually not meant to be above 55psi---doing so may damage the water pump check valve and cause leaks, It's not unheard of when connecting to hi psi "city" water---the pex barbed plastic fittings have popped out of the pipe!
Old 08-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #4

Unfortunately our trailer does not have any easily accessible panels where we hook up for wintering the trailer. Nor does it have the round access panel in the shower

The leak seems to only happen when we're hooked on the city water inlet. We camped the last 2 weeks using just the water tank and pump, never hooking up at any RV campsites and had no leaks. So it's somehow related to the city water. Nothing is easily accessible.

I believe we'll have to take the couch out to get to the panel and then remove it. Argh! Sure would be nice if the trailer manuals came with full schematics!
hafenbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #5

Yeah--- you'll need to get access to the inside where the city water enters. You should have a removable outside panel that the hose connects to, you could remove that. Usually there is enough extra hose on the inside so you pull it out to get a grip on the connection. I should just a hose/pex pipe from the city water connection to the house water line. There is a check valve on the water pump which stops water flowing into you fresh water tank, and a check valve, perhaps in the city water connection that stops the water pump from pump water out that connection. The connection to the house water line--could be anywhere.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:06 PM   #6

Have you tried looking under the trailer for an access panel?

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote