Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
uct

Default propane quick connect

I have a 210x 2007 It has a quick connect on the awing side under the frame. What brand or type is this. I want to connect a 10 ft hose to run a grill. The grill does not have a reg. (I removed it). I was told that there is more than on rv quick connect and I want to buy the correct one. Thanks

uct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
Site Team

There's a few threads on this. Check this one:

http://www.funfinderclub.com/phpBB2/...=quick+connect

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #3

That's a good link LJAZ provided. As long as you can remove the regulator and still have a burner control (a lot of portable grills have the burner control as part of the regulator) it can be adapted to run off the trailer's quick connect.

Here's a picture of my modified Weber Q120 with Quick Connect system installed in place of the regulator:

You can get multiple hoses for the system in various lengths; I have a 4', 2x12' and even a 20'. I've converted my Campfire-in-a-Can to run off the system, too and I have all the multiple hoses to allow placement of the campfire in a position that is convenient:

One more point, keep the regulator...I discovered once, that I had a need, or rather, a desire to take our grill away from the trailer for an "offsite" picnic. Drat, I'd converted the grill!!! I had an "aha" moment and being the packrat that I am, I'd kept the regulators from a bunch of equipment (they are actually all the same; propane devices are built around a regulated pressure of about 11 psi). I modified a couple of the regulators to attach to 1 lb cans and 20 lb tanks to be "Quick Connect":

I carry these with me now and when I want to, I can quick connect the regulator back onto the device and use the tank(s) for LP when not near the trailer; if I want an offsite picnic, I put the 1 lb bottle connector back on, if I want a campfire at another site, I can put the 20 lb. connector on or even, using a hose between the grill and the regulator (remember, they are quick connect now) use a 20 lb tank, something the original Weber was never designed for...

There are many connectors out there that look alike, but, there are differences and they aren't interchangeable. The low pressure connectors are of the Sturgis 250 variety. There are air connectors, high pressure LP connectors, natural gas high and low, and while they, at first blush, all look alike, there are minute changes in measurements designed to prevent the wrong valve from being able to connect to a non-mating connector. Sometimes just a few thousandths of an inch difference, but, they won't mate (don't ask how I discovered this...). Another source of supplies is:

Calore Equipment

Good luck with your mod!

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #4

I ordered/have a 20' extension propane hose so I can sit my grill on a picnic table instead of mounted on the side of the toy hauler ~ if I want.

Actually, I acquired the extension hose because the mount on the toy hauler is right beside the entrance door and if one isn't careful (or have guests who are unaware) it would be very easy to get burned when entering/exiting the unit.

I was going to move the grill mount location but decided an extension hose was more prudent.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #5

I've never liked mounting the grill on the side of the trailer. I don't like that much heat near the filon, I don't like the heat and grease on the underside of the awning and, invariably, when I'm grilling the smoke wants to blow in the nearest window (upsets DW horribly when she can't see the counter for the smoke and the smoke alarm is screaming ).

I agree... Long hose and keep away from the side of the trailer. I have a small folding table (aluminum) that is the perfect size for the grill. That way I can grill anywhere around the trailer and if the wind is blowing the wrong away, even the picnic table is safe.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote