Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #1

Default Quick Connect For Shadow Cruiser

In May I purchased from Lowe's a portable gas grill that I can connect to the quick connect connection on my 2013 Shadow Cruiser 225 RBS. All I need is the correct size fitting for the grill to connect to the quick connect on the camper. I spoke to a Camping World rep and purchased one however when I received the part it was not the right size. I contacted my dealer and they said they tried all the connections that they had on a Shadow Cruiser on their lot and none fit so they would contact Cruiser RV for the correct part. I hadn't heard from them in a few weeks so I called Cruiser RV myself and was told the part number that I would need but they would only sell to a dealer. I've contacted my dealer twice since they claim to have ordered the part from Cruiser RV and it has yet to come. There was a month between my phone calls to my dealer so it certainly should have come by now. I was wondering if anyone knows what size connection I need and where I might be able to purchase it?

Thanks,
Rob

2006 Dodge Durango Hemi
Palmerton Pa
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to shadow

probably be easier and cheaper just to replace the female fitting on the camper to match the male fitting on your grill hose. they are std npt fittings should only be 4-6 bucks. Any bbq retailer should be able to hook you up no problem

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
uct

I got mine on amazon and a 10 ft extension hose Make sure you get a low pressure lp fitting . Mine fits perfect. Also make sure you use yellow Teflon tape and if your grill has a regulator remove it.
uct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #4

The fittings are all low pressure Sturgis style 250 units. Most of the fittings that CW and other places sell are for the Mr. Heater units and they are not interchangeable, even though they look alike, at first glance. In fact there are many "quick connect" pieces that are "look alike", but, are meant for different purposes; air, high pressure LP, low pressure NG, high pressure NG, etc. and they are all slightly different so that you can't mistakenly use the wrong fittings together (explosive leaks can result).

I've done many LP mods to grills and even Campfire-in-a-Can units and I get all of my low pressure LP fittings from here:

Calore Equipment

This is the mod I made to my Weber Q120:

I also modified some regulators so that if I want to, I can still use the grill with a tank; in fact I modified 2 regulators so that I can not only use the little 1 lb tanks it was intended for, I can use a 20 lb tank (handy for use at the sticks and bricks when I need more grilling space for parties).

All of it done with pieces from Calore, including my collection of hoses. Even made up a quick connect "T" so that I can run the grill and my Campfire-in-a-Can at the same time. To be sure, you want to use yellow gas tape and not the white water tape to seal the threads. If you use a paste compound, again, make sure that it is rated for gas use and not just water.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:13 AM   #5

I went down to my local Sears Hardware and bought some fittings to convert it from the 1/4" to the 3/8" quick connect. Works great.
2012 Kawasaki KLX 140L
2006 Suzuki DRZ 125
GIXXERKELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #6

I got an extension propane hose so I could put the grill on a picnic table instead of the side of the camper next to the door from here:

http://www.gashosesandregulators.com...ckconnect.html
Old 07-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #7

Default This is the mod I made to my Weber Q120:

This is the mod I made to my Weber Q120:

do you have a parts list for this conversion, right now using the hose from the trailer to grill, but going thru both regulators, will have to buy a new hose a mine has the fitting that screws in the grill. and can seem to find any adapter from that to 1/4 inch.
mike

chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote