Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #1

Default Rainy season leaking

I have a 14-foot Fun Finder 2006 X139 travel trailer.

This last rainstorm in Sacramento, I realized it was leaking.

1) It was wet by the windows. The windows were closed. It’s wasn’t too bad, but it was wet. The bed was wet by the windows, but not soaked.

2) I also noticed some brown streaks on the inside walls of the trailer. I’m not sure if that is from a leak. There used to be brown streaks on the OUTSIDE of the trailer, before I washed it.

3) Brown, rusty water was dripping from the A/C.

The trailer wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t flooded or anything. We had to mop up water from the floor and remove the mattresses for them to dry. A few rags were all it took to soak up the water.

Is it possible the windows just need re-sealing? This never happened before.

Is it typical to leak water through the A/C? Could there be major A/C damage, like rust? The water leaking was a rusty brown color.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #2

I am not an expert.. and others are probably better qualified to answer.. but I will offer my 2 cents.

As for the AC leaking.. here's my thought. Is your camper parked on a slite backward slant.. or perfectly level? When I camp with my RV perfectly level.. condensation in the running AC sometimes will not drain properly. Maybe, even though your AC is not running.. water may be settling inside the unit instead of running off. I always park with the front end just a little higher.. very little. I don't sense the front end higher when I am inside.. its just enough for the water to drain off.

I wouldn't think there is damage to the AC unit.. the brownish (rust) colored water is most likely just cleaning something else off that is already brown with dirt, etc. These AC units are built to be out in the rain and snow.
chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote