Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #1

Default Re: Help---Urgent Advice needed

I have 2007 FunFinder that we purchased new which was a show model and we have had problems with from day one...especially with leaking...we have checked caulking every six months of the year and as needed especially when another leak pops up. But sadly...we had a leak that got in thru the top of the roof somehow that we were not aware of and water got down into the casing from the outside in the right corner front of the camper (facing) and has done quite a bit of damage and has caused that part of the camper to sink in (inside wall is now cracking)...in fact, we have took the camper to an authorized dealer close to our home and they informed us in their opinion, the camper is totaled. Our original dealer we bought it from in Garner, NC is no longer an authorized dealer and since our warranties are no longer in place and they are not a dealer...not getting much willingness to step up to the plate to help us in approach to CrusierRV about all the problems we have had with leaks and other problems...we think we have a faulty designed FunFinder (a lemon). Unfortunately, our insurance will not cover the major leak damage as they indicated it is a manufacturer design flaw and the water leak is not as a result of any accident or impact to the area where water got in behind the panels. We owe almost 2/3 of the purchase price on the camper. We're stuck with a flawed camper...is there anyone out there that can offer us some insight or recourse at this point or how we can approach the manufacturer to step up to assist us a customer on this lemon we have on our hands. After 4 years...we have had to replace an outside top fan hood...caulk over and over again to plug leaks, fix storage area that has detached, replace amp, replace pig tail, re-secure bunk bed, have slide electrical problem fixed, decals peeling off, replace stove fan cover, replace two light covers that have flown off. We have our camper sitting at the dealer now trying to figure out what to do...we're looking at $1,300 in repairs now and that doesn't include the major water damage that we are being told is almost impossible to repair? Should we be having this many problems and major ones at that with a 4-year old camper? We travel on average 4 or 5 times a year and never out of state... a lot of problems we're having with not much use and we have tried to take care of it in keeping it serviced...but, problems keep happening and now the major blow with the water damage. HELP!

rwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #2

Worked my butt off to buy a trailer. FF are crap trailers. my wife and I bought it Feb this year, and so far have used it once and we have a lot of problems. Took it out and had some problems with it. Heres the list. 1. seams are not sealed on top of slide 2.outside shower has major water leak when used 3. eleceric toung jack quit working 4. cable line was cut in to. 5.Leaks in 2 spots at front under mattress 6.shock that holds door open broke off 7.some lug nuts are strpped. 8.mattress has a tear in it. Taking this peice of crap in to get fixed next week we see how well they do. If auto compcnys make their cars reliable why cant rv companys? Its good we all can have this support group for all our trailers. Salty

Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

Default leaks and delimaniation of front

I have a 2007 189fbr fun finder. The front panel has a bubble. Delamination. No help from the manufacture as it was out of warranty. I have kept is sealed and re-sealed every 6 months and it has been stored with a cover during the winter. The decals are peeling off. I had a leak around the air conditioner because some screws became lose. Now the felt seal around the fan vent in the bathroom came off. I am sure that will leak next. I have a love hate relationship with my fun finder.
I have seen several post about this same problem. It seems to me the manufacture put out a faulty product and are refusing to do anything about the lamination problem. We are all left holding the bag.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #4

It seams to be getting worse. I dont know what to say anymore. Cruser needs to be on the hook for all their problem crap trailers they are building. Any good lawyers out their. Salty