Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #1

Default repainting exterior

What are your opinions on repainting an 8 old year old unit in all white with no logos, swooshes, etc.?

witzens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #2

Default RE: repainting an 8 old year old unit

"What are your opinions on repainting an 8 old year old unit in all white with no logos, swooshes, etc.?"
Hmmm. Stark, solid white? It could end up looking like a Fema trailer.
What do you think of inexpensive custom vinyl graphics/paint accents here and there? That might be attractive and suit your personal tastes and decor.

2003 7.3 Ford Excursion Diesel 4x4
2011 250 Ford Super Duty
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-O...hp7nmAm9PM.jpg
mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

You might be right. We do want to avoid decals, as they just don't last long enough. But we are considering having some decor painted on, under the clear coat. Thanks for your input.
witzens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #4

Default No decals

So, our 189FBR sustained major Hail damage and it's getting new side and rear siding. We also were contemplating elininating the swoosh decals! Since the damn factory decals are all chipping / peeling & look like crap anyways we will have them take them all off. Now we are contemplating only the Funfinder & Shadow Cruiser logo's with a swoosh on the back only. And no more yellow color 9 old swoosh's were Blue / Silver and yellow) yuck!!! I have removed the front Swoosh and it doesn't look bad! I think on a small trailer the lack of swoosh probably won't be that bad?
rewindgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #5

I believe that if I were going to the expense of having the trailer painted and clearcoated, that I would have to agree...a few painted on graphics of your own design and color scheme before the clearcoat would be the way to go. I've seen some plain white "FEMA" looking trailers where the owners have taken off all the graphics and logos and, to me, they look lacking in something...flair, for the lack of a better word.

Granted, some companies tend to over-do the graphics, a few graphics can hide a lot of dirt by drawing the eye away from the huge "blank white canvas" of a plain jane exterior. As a trailer ages, the plain white tends towards yellow and some splashes of color tends to hide that aging process a little longer. An older 5er just left the campgrond we're in and it looked just that; old, well maintained, but, old. An equally older 5er next to it had some graphics on it that draws the eye and while be about the same age, it looked years newer.

A big advantage to having some new ones painted on, you can "individualize" your trailer, keep to colors that appeal to you and add as many or as few as what appeals to you and you alone and painted on, they should hold their looks for a lot longer than decals.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote