Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #1

Default replace galley faucet

I will admit the original faucet in my 189FDS has worked perfectly for coming up on six years now, but it's always worried me that it would literally break off in my hands. All plastic, both the handles seemed potentially fragile as well as the neck. I've been wanting to replace it and since I'd rather be proactive and do these kind of things at home vs on a trip, I finally got off my duff and replaced it yesterday. I have to thank Painty Liz for inspiring me .... her recent thread on raising her sink was the push I needed to get out there and git 'er done

I like this new faucet, a residential fixture from Home Depot.

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Nice. Looks like that has the pullout hose on it?

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #3

Yes it has the pull out hose with a momentary off/on button there on the head.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #4

Mine came with a pull out hose from the factory....and it's all metal, not plastic. I hope it stands up to years and years of use as these old bones done bend like they used to. :-O
Old 07-21-2017, 05:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw photographics View Post
I have to thank Painty Liz for inspiring me .... her recent thread on raising her sink was the push I needed to get out there and git 'er done

I like this new faucet, a residential fixture from Home Depot.
Glad I could inspire you! That is why I write all these blog posts. I love to hear where somebody's been motivated by one of my projects!! Thank you!

The new faucet looks wonderful. I wish mine had a pull out. Mine is gooseneck and it works really well even though it was really cheap. I like that I can fill a bucket in the sink which I bet you can do with yours now!

So here's your next project assignment LOL replace that crappy plastic bathroom sink and pull out shower attachment with a really nice solid brass thermostatic mixing valve faucet. Then you'll really thank me!

https://wackypup.blogspot.com/2017/0...nstalling.html

Liz
PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #6

Yes Liz, I have a plan for the shower, incorporating some of your ideas and some of my own. When I get to it, I'll post up a thread on it.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw photographics View Post
Yes Liz, I have a plan for the shower, incorporating some of your ideas and some of my own. When I get to it, I'll post up a thread on it.
Can't wait to see what you do!!!

Liz
PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:27 PM   #8

It looks great! I would love to have a single handle faucet and a sprayer. The "nickle" finish on mine is peeling off and just doesn't look clean even when it is.

gmw photographics, what kind of counter is that? Laminate on plywood or Corian?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
It looks great! I would love to have a single handle faucet and a sprayer. The "nickle" finish on mine is peeling off and just doesn't look clean even when it is.

gmw photographics, what kind of counter is that? Laminate on plywood or Corian?
It's the original counter top. That material is just flake board with a very thin veneer that is made to imitate a stone look.

The faucet install was simple enough. I did have to make one trip back to H-Depot to get adapter fittings to mate the trailer water lines to the lines on the faucet. And as you see I had to drill a hole.