Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-05-2017, 05:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
The times look fine to me other than yours saying 7:06 instead of 6:06. Hmmm...
Yours reads 12:09 PM

Old 01-05-2017, 06:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Yours reads 12:09 PM
Maybe you should go look at your settings and try to adjust the time??

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:19 AM   #23

Have no idea how to do something like that so it will be what it is.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Have no idea how to do something like that so it will be what it is.
I clicked on my name up on the top right and looked for a place to change a time zone and didn't see one. But I do have my City and State on there so maybe it uses that?
However! At the bottom it says this "All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM" as of now on that page. Which is correct for me.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #25

I found the time set location in 'edit settings' and am now on CST, my time zone.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #26

Quote:
I found the time set location in 'edit settings' and am now on CST, my time zone.
Good. But where did you find 'edit settings'?
Old 01-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #27

Quote:
Good. But where did you find 'edit settings'?
Click on your name and then click on "User CP" in the bar just below 'reply to thread' . There is a list on the left hand side of the screen and you will find 'settings and options' ~ click on 'edit options' and as you scroll down you will find where to set the time.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #28

Quote:
Click on your name and then click on "User CP" in the bar just below 'reply to thread' . There is a list on the left hand side of the screen and you will find 'settings and options' ~ click on 'edit options' and as you scroll down you will find where to set the time.

I don't see a place to edit time or time zone on mine?....
EDIT!!
I didn't scroll down far enough. I must have done it when I joined though. Sheesh!!!
Old 01-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #29

Quote:
I don't see a place to edit time or time zone on mine?....
EDIT!!
I didn't scroll down far enough. I must have done it when I joined though. Sheesh!!!
Yes, I thought I had set it when I joined too but apparently skipped over setting the correct time zone.

Glad you found it however.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #30

As I mention earlier, you can get the LP only ones for about $45 on Amazon. I augment that with a battery powered CO detector that has a 10 year expiry from a Home Improvement Store for about $15.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #31

Should the factory combo detector ever need replacement again, will go the individual unit route and not the factory combo style.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #32

Wow, what a good thread!!
In reading about whether one runs the frig in travel or not and about tri-power or just dual power to the frig...

Hey Mich, check you frig model and serial number and either go to the manual or to an online source and bounce the numbers to what the power actually is... I was told that it was believed mine was Tri-Power, but it is only Dual-Power, i.e., Shore Power (120 vac) or Propane Gas...

I have been told by a number of RV places that it is okay to run the frig while using Propane on the road and I have done both on and off... Like most of you, I just don't feel comfortable with an appliance on while driving, even though there are all kinds of safety features if the pilot goes out... WITH ALL THAT SAID, I prefer to run with the propane off... Starting off with a cold frig, I always load the frig with cold goods a day two before travel and generally put a couple milk carton size ice blocks in bags in the vege drawers or lower section, close the frig and drive... I will turn on the propane and frig during any longer day stops and at night stops, and will also place my ice blocks in the freezer for the night... I have had no probs yet on the several 2,000 mile trips to AZ and back... if I need something out of the frig during the day, I open the door, get it out, and shut the door... no dilly-dallying like one might do at home and hold the door open while you make up your mind...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #33

Oh, BTW, I almost always put sodas, water, and a couple sandwiches in a smaller cooler in the truck or just inside the trailer... It is easier to grab and I don't need to open the frig...

Old 01-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Oh, BTW, I almost always put sodas, water, and a couple sandwiches in a smaller cooler in the truck or just inside the trailer... It is easier to grab and I don't need to open the frig...
Yup ~ do the same here as it takes awhile for the frig to recover after opening the door even for a short time. Fact is, we put all out sodas and bottled water in a cooler with ice ..... none in the frig.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Wow, what a good thread!!
In reading about whether one runs the frig in travel or not and about tri-power or just dual power to the frig...

Hey Mich, check you frig model and serial number and either go to the manual or to an online source and bounce the numbers to what the power actually is... I was told that it was believed mine was Tri-Power, but it is only Dual-Power, i.e., Shore Power (120 vac) or Propane Gas...

I have been told by a number of RV places that it is okay to run the frig while using Propane on the road and I have done both on and off... Like most of you, I just don't feel comfortable with an appliance on while driving, even though there are all kinds of safety features if the pilot goes out... WITH ALL THAT SAID, I prefer to run with the propane off... Starting off with a cold frig, I always load the frig with cold goods a day two before travel and generally put a couple milk carton size ice blocks in bags in the vege drawers or lower section, close the frig and drive... I will turn on the propane and frig during any longer day stops and at night stops, and will also place my ice blocks in the freezer for the night... I have had no probs yet on the several 2,000 mile trips to AZ and back... if I need something out of the frig during the day, I open the door, get it out, and shut the door... no dilly-dallying like one might do at home and hold the door open while you make up your mind...
Hi John, ours is definitely dual power only. No problem. That's all we need. The fridge does great. We only drink water so no need for coolers for pop. I think someone else said their fridge runs on battery, not us. Today started with snow but this afternoon it warmed into the 30s and rained cats and dogs! Now it's going back down to 17. Ice will be s real problem on surfaces. Almost fell in a parking lot. Typical Michigan weather.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #36

Default Replacing and separating the lip and co detectors

Hey, Mich! I was the one that said we run our fridge on battery while traveling but I mis-spoke as hubby corrected me that we run it on propane while traveling. It worries me to run it that way, but so far, knock on wood, we haven't had a problem!🤓⛺️
Old 01-10-2017, 07:41 PM   #37

Quote:
....... Almost fell in a parking lot. Typical Michigan weather.
Be careful Mich... You need to get those ice cleats to slip on your shoes...

Old 01-10-2017, 07:41 PM   #38
APD

Talking

"........ no need for coolers for pop"
I love that! I have so many friends from up your way that call soft drinks "pop". Still, I never get used to it. They'll ask me if I wanna pop and it takes me a second to translate. "Wanna what?"
We grew up in GA calling nearly all soft drinks coke.
"Hey, what kinda coke you want?" "I'll take a grape." LOL

We too pre-cool the fridge before leaving and, of course, it runs at overnight stops. We also carry our cokes and the adult beverages in a cooler.
Here at home we will freeze about a dozen or so bottles of water to use as ice in the cooler. I'll usually wedge about three or so frozen bottles into the fridge to help in stay cool during the travel day and then refreeze them overnight.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie View Post
Hey, Mich! I was the one that said we run our fridge on battery while traveling but I mis-spoke as hubby corrected me that we run it on propane while traveling. It worries me to run it that way, but so far, knock on wood, we haven't had a problem!🤓⛺️
No Worries Kansas newbie... I made the same mistake after buying my FF, but soon learned that there was no 12 vdc power in my unit... In this research on Tri-Power RV Frig's, it appears that the smaller units, like ours, are pretty much offered only come in single or dual power... i.e., propane and/or 120 vac... And to get a Tri-Power unit it gets real spendy and unless 12 vdc is really necessary, I am fine with what I have...

I have run my frig on propane all over the U.S., there are safety features built in, but just because I'm a worry-wart, I am truly limiting this practice...

Stay warm and hope to meet y'all this spring...

Old 01-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #40

Someone's point of view...
"
I have heard (not verified) that running with the LP on is illegal in most states, particularly when fueling up at gas stations, going through tunnels, and on the ferry. The latter was verified personally by myself in the summer of '09 when I took a series of ferries in Washington State. Each of the four times I was given a bright pink tag to put on the handle of the LP to show ferry employees that the LP was off. They took it seriously enough to watch me while I affixed the tag and turned the handle.

I think it was on this forum a couple of years ago that the wife of one of two couples who were traveling to Florida together told about the lead rig at one point couldn't see the following rig, turned around, and came upon their friends' rig nearly burned to the ground at the side of the road -- all within twenty minutes or so. Nothing was wrong with the LP unit; it just hit a rock when a tire blew and set off an explosion. They lost two friends that day. That story had a huge impact on me -- enough so that I never travel with the LP on.

Yes, it's a huge inconvenience to travel without the fridge on. The best solution I've come up with is to either plug in or turn on the LP a couple of days before the trip, let the fridge get to a "safe" temperature (via a fridge thermometer), put the food in (cold food), shut the door, turn off LP/Electric, and leave the door shut until arriving at my destination. If your fridge has a good seal and the food was safely cold when it was put in, it will be safe. I usually freeze a couple of bottles of OJ and put those in the fridge section when loading the other food just to be extra safe."