Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2017, 08:06 PM   #41

I would really LOVE 😍 a bigger fridge! I always pack too much food, clothes, etc, but a bigger fridge -at least freezer- would be nice!

Old 01-10-2017, 08:11 PM   #42

The RV Doctor: Propane On While Driving an RV - Oh Boy!

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 PM   #43
APD

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie View Post
I would really LOVE 😍 a bigger fridge! I always pack too much food, clothes, etc, but a bigger fridge -at least freezer- would be nice!
We have some camping friends that sometimes carry an additional smaller "dorm" fridge that they sit outside on a table under their awning.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #44

First off, I would say that running a refrigerator/freezer on 12 volts is a myth. I have had a three way unit in the past and they simply do not get very cold. As for what FF uses, I think they use two way units as standard, which is perfectly okay by me. For me, I just switch it to auto and let it run on LP while on the road and AC if we are camping with electric hookup.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #45
roy

I installed 2 new ones this week. One was an original one that came with the unit. It was out of date 8-2016. 2nd one was one I had replaced back in 2013 and was only 3 years old to date and already gone bad.

Really is terrible these things don't last to their dated time frame. They cost way too much for this to be happening. Scare factor of just not replacing one has you obligated to buy into the ponsi scam they have going on with these things.

I guarantee you I'll be back on here in no time telling you I got one going off middle of the night.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #46

Quote:
Hi Kansa newbie,
I'm not sure what size frig you have, but mine is a 6 cubic foot frig with a tiny freezer. I has been plenty big for me, but the Boss tries to stuff it with 2-Liter soda bottles and all kinds of stuff...

I usually carry a case of water bottles and store them under the dining/living rm. bunk... I just grab a few each day and put those in the frig. If there is no freeze worries and not connected to street water, I use my fresh water tank... for drinking, cooking, washing, etc. When on the road AND there is no freeze worries, I'll usually fill the tank before leaving home; this allows me to use the toilet, water for washing, cooking and such... The extra weight is no big thing and I can sleep anywhere...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Hi Kansa newbie,
I'm not sure what size frig you have, but mine is a 6 cubic foot frig with a tiny freezer. I has been plenty big for me, but the Boss tries to stuff it with 2-Liter soda bottles and all kinds of stuff...

I usually carry a case of water bottles and store them under the dining/living rm. bunk... I just grab a few each day and put those in the frig. If there is no freeze worries and not connected to street water, I use my fresh water tank... for drinking, cooking, washing, etc. When on the road AND there is no freeze worries, I'll usually fill the tank before leaving home; this allows me to use the toilet, water for washing, cooking and such... The extra weight is no big thing and I can sleep anywhere...
We too find the fridge plenty big enough for just the two of us. We don't drink pop or much beer so we don't need to store it. We do have a Brita pitcher in the fridge for drinking water. And on longer trip there is always a store or farm market to stock up from. The freezer can hold enough meat for several days of meals if you plan on making something and eating it twice. We also have tall cold cups in there that keep drinks cold instead of using ice. Most of our food is stored under a dinette seat in a rubbermaid container with a lid. The upper cabinets just hold kitchen stuff-plates, glasses, pots and pans, etc. Small appliances go in the bunk over the bed...coffee makers, toaster, little heater, fan, etc. I think ewe carry way too much kitchen stuff...dish sets, etc. But you never know when you'll have a huge party in the campground, right??
Old 01-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
We too find the fridge plenty big enough for just the two of us. We don't drink pop or much beer so we don't need to store it. We do have a Brita pitcher in the fridge for drinking water. And on longer trip there is always a store or farm market to stock up from. The freezer can hold enough meat for several days of meals if you plan on making something and eating it twice. We also have tall cold cups in there that keep drinks cold instead of using ice. Most of our food is stored under a dinette seat in a rubbermaid container with a lid. The upper cabinets just hold kitchen stuff-plates, glasses, pots and pans, etc. Small appliances go in the bunk over the bed...coffee makers, toaster, little heater, fan, etc. I think ewe carry way too much kitchen stuff...dish sets, etc. But you never know when you'll have a huge party in the campground, right??
I hear you on the carrying too much... I continue to weed things out and use care what I think I need... I put a slide-in style knife rack on the wall behind the stove... I like to cook and a sharp knife is always handy... I do not really care to hold my knifes with a magnet style holder and prefer this style:
Knife Safe - Camco 43583 - Space Savers - Camping World

I even use and old (40+ year old) burner-top toaster, cast iron skillets, etc. and enjoy camping well beyond the Boss' understanding...

I have changed little of the aesthetics of the inside and have added a few things that make the trailer more functional to us... The knife rack, paper towel rack, fruit hammock, skillet/pan Rack, towel racks (2) just below the sink (You can see them shining), etc. in the galley, making it a bit more functional for my kitchen style... I do all the cooking when camping, not because the Boss doesn't want to, but because, it is my thing and have always been the camp cook... The skillet rack (Home Made) doesn't show in these pictures, it is parallel and hidden by the paper towel roll. Sorry for the mess in the galley... just finished breakfast, did the dishes and just a towel over the rack while they were drying, and dropped another towel on sink cover...
I may carry a 6-pack of beer, but usually bring it back home, I don't drink more than a few beer/yr. and being a vegan, I don't carry meat, but often make a few different dishes (Chile Beans, Enchiladas, Soup, Burritos, etc.) freeze them and just take out what I need for a meal... I carry a about a dozen vegan patties, bread, and the usual stuff to make a sandwich... I suppose like most folks...
Attached Thumbnails
FF - Knife Rack - Galley - 1200.jpg   FF - Knife Rack - Galley-2 - 1200.jpg  

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
I hear you on the carrying too much... I continue to weed things out and use care what I think I need... I put a slide-in style knife rack on the wall behind the stove... I like to cook and a sharp knife is always handy... I do not really care to hold my knifes with a magnet style holder and prefer this style:
Knife Safe - Camco 43583 - Space Savers - Camping World

I even use and old (40+ year old) burner-top toaster, cast iron skillets, etc. and enjoy camping well beyond the Boss' understanding...

I have changed little of the aesthetics of the inside and have added a few things that make the trailer more functional to us... The knife rack, paper towel rack, fruit hammock, skillet/pan Rack, towel racks (2) just below the sink (You can see them shining), etc. in the galley, making it a bit more functional for my kitchen style... I do all the cooking when camping, not because the Boss doesn't want to, but because, it is my thing and have always been the camp cook... The skillet rack (Home Made) doesn't show in these pictures, it is parallel and hidden by the paper towel roll. Sorry for the mess in the galley... just finished breakfast, did the dishes and just a towel over the rack while they were drying, and dropped another towel on sink cover...
I may carry a 6-pack of beer, but usually bring it back home, I don't drink more than a few beer/yr. and being a vegan, I don't carry meat, but often make a few different dishes (Chile Beans, Enchiladas, Soup, Burritos, etc.) freeze them and just take out what I need for a meal... I carry a about a dozen vegan patties, bread, and the usual stuff to make a sandwich... I suppose like most folks...
Good ideas. I like the knife rack idea. We stuff rolls of paper towel in a couple of places; one on each end of the rig. We don't use the tv in ours so we have it pushed back and use that big space for a square fabric container, a little folding stool, and other stuff. We should take the tv out and reclaim that space. We can wear clothes (other than underwear) for at least two days and don't really hang anything except jackets. Kansas, as I recall, had more people in her trailer and so the food needs would increase. I miss having our trailer here.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #50

Default Replacing and separating the lip and co detectors

Actually, we only have had more than the two of us a couple of times when the "grands" went with us, but I still take too much food with us when it's just us! 😂
Old 01-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #51

Quote:
Actually, we only have had more than the two of us a couple of times when the "grands" went with us, but I still take too much food with us when it's just us! 😂
Lol! And I take way too many pans and dishes!! Even extra silverware! What's with that?? I could set up as The Red Cross at a disaster I guess! Lol!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #52

Well - here's another post that may/may not generate pros & cons. I travel with the propane on and the refrigerator running. Yes-that means the pilot light cycles on/off to keep the refrigerator cool. Have to. We run 8 hours a day when traveling cross country. We hit a Walmart parking lot, a campsite with or without power, not picky but wouldn't be much time overnight to cool a hot refrigerator. Especially when we run the "southern" route where the daytime temps run 90 degrees plus. Even when we're camping, with or without power, sometimes the daytime temps are high in the sun. Sometimes no shade, that refrigerator may be in the low 40s. With the freezer in the low 30s it's a never ending battle to keep everything cold or frozen.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #53

Are you full timing? Where are you going?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #54

Not full timing. Every year we cruise from TN to the West Coast. More wide open spaces, National Parks, Forest Service campgrounds, etc. So much to see and do. For 2017 we're headed to MT (Glacier), Drumheller-Alberta Canada dinosaur fossils, Icefields Parkway-Alberta Canada, Prince Rupert BC maybe even southeast Alaska. So far it's 3100 miles, one-way.
Big country - lots to see.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:23 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner421 View Post
Not full timing. Every year we cruise from TN to the West Coast. More wide open spaces, National Parks, Forest Service campgrounds, etc. So much to see and do. For 2017 we're headed to MT (Glacier), Drumheller-Alberta Canada dinosaur fossils, Icefields Parkway-Alberta Canada, Prince Rupert BC maybe even southeast Alaska. So far it's 3100 miles, one-way.
Big country - lots to see.
Wow, that's a lot of miles! What size rig and tv? You must be gone for a couple of months at least.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #56

�� I have lots of kitchen "stuff" as well. Since we usually get hookups, I don't have many pots and pans. In fact, haven't used them at all so far since we cook outdoors and haven't had inclement weather to make us cook inside! Oh great, I probably just "jinxed" us for our trip this summer!��
Old 01-18-2017, 06:24 AM   #57

Cool

Quote:
�� I have lots of kitchen "stuff" as well. Since we usually get hookups, I don't have many pots and pans. In fact, haven't used them at all so far since we cook outdoors and haven't had inclement weather to make us cook inside! Oh great, I probably just "jinxed" us for our trip this summer!��
I thought we needed a large pot in case we cooked pasta. What?? And how many types of fry pans are needed for breakfast? Only one cast iron griddle. Right? Moving the extraneous stuff in the over dinett cabinet to get to what is really used is ridiculous. But we did it. Lol! When we get the camper out of storage there will definitely be some stuff being removed.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:30 AM   #58

Posted this before...re:fridge on while traveling.
https://youtu.be/HJMTQWWoMSw
Old 01-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #59

TV is a 2014 Ford F350 with the 6.7 Liter PowerStroke V-8 Diesel

The Truck Camper is Dad's apartment while camping. A 2015 Adventurer Model 80RB with a dry weight of 1779lbs.

The Fun Finder is a 2012 X 210UDS.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5238.jpg  
Old 01-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner421 View Post

TV is a 2014 Ford F350 with the 6.7 Liter PowerStroke V-8 Diesel

The Truck Camper is Dad's apartment while camping. A 2015 Adventurer Model 80RB with a dry weight of 1779lbs.

The Fun Finder is a 2012 X 210UDS.
Oh, I remember now! Your dad goes sometimes. That's great. You will never regret those memories with him. We're watching Loloho's visit to Bullet Proof Diesel now. They put a ton of money into their older F250 there. But happy with it. Is your later model Ford good? They had a lot of problems...EGR cooler, etc.
Yikes! We're a long way from the subject of the original post now! :rol l:u