Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #1

Default Replacing Microwave for Convection Oven in 189FBS

We miss an oven. Been considering doing the above. Anyone had anyi experience with exchanging the Micro for a Convection Oven? What are convection ovens like to use. Are they much like a conventional oven? Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ian Parsons
Comox Valley BC

flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #2

Default Convectin oven to replace microwave

We have a 2005 189FBS and could not find a convection oven to fit in the microwave space. We opted for a toaster oven. Works great. It is a Black & Decker Toaster oven Mod. # TRO4070. The oven gets hot on the top and sides. We made a roll out shelf for the oven. We roll it out when in use and back in for storage. A pin keeps it in place so it won't slide out during travel. If you would like more info. e-mail is pjs34s@q.com. You can call me at 505-281-1177. Perry

Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #3

Thx for the info on B & D toaster oven, Perry. Will have a gander at one to see if it will do what we want it to do. Of course, it is the old storage problem. Space is at a premium, and that is why we wanted something built-in. We plan to "Snowbird" in ours this winter. When living in an RV for weeks at a time, you miss having an oven to cook the odd roast or casserole.

Ian Parsons
Old 08-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #4

Yes it is posable i went to walmart and found a microwave that is also a grill and a convection oven, its also a little but bigger then the microwave that comes in the funfinder after talking the stock one out i found tha there was extra pieces of wood that make the opening a little smaller well i took those off and with a little bit of cutting i fit them back in around the new microwave, then vent peices that were on the top and bottom of the stock microwave i took off and drilled holes in the convection one and put it back in it works great and looks stock. Ill take some pics and post them for you viewing.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #5

Thx again cueball for your valuable info on the convection oven. If its not too much trouble, I would sure appreciate the Make and Model of the oven from Walmart along with the approx. price of it. Looks like jus tthe ticket for our use.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #6

I don't think you will beable to get that oven again it was on clearance but still paid 160 for it but its really nice becouse i can't use just the microwave or the oven, or what the call the grilling part of it, it has a heating element on the top, or i can use a combo of the oven and Micro at the same time so i can get the baked taste but bake it twice as fast. It's a Deawoo stainless steel 1.0cu feet but its not made any more but theres others just like it that they still sell i think the model was 1010cc though If i can figure out ho to post pics on here ill take some pics and post them so you can see what it looks like.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #7

Okey Dokey. Will await ur posts. We are goin to do a bit of "snowbirding" this coming winter, and plan to be using the unit for a couple of months. It would be very convenient to have something on board where we could roast the odd chunk of meat, or bake a muffin or three. No rush. We have lost of time.