Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #1

Default Replacing plywood on slide out

I have the couch/trim etc... all removed. At this point is appears it is as simple as removing the screws from the underside of the plywood. Is it really that simple, or are the slide out walls supported by this plywood if I remove it? It has water damage and I would like to replace it.

wolfgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #2

Default about removing the sofa bed

Hi,

I was just sifting through posts here and found yours where you stated you had removed the sofa bed in order to replace the plywood. While I cannot answer your question about the plywood base, I would like to know how difficult it was to remove the couch? I hate mine - the front fell off the 1st year, it's horrible to sit on and the fact that you have to turn sideways to see the TV makes it more of a horizontal surface upon which to dump things than anything useful. I was hoping to remove the couch and see if I could rig up a table and chairs until I realized the base of the couch was the floor of the slide.

I'm still hoping to figure something out but I would appreciate it if you could tell me how difficult it was to remove the couch and how to tell which bolts belong to the couch and which to the slide?

Thanks in advance!

Linda F
2009 X210 WBX
2014 Silverado extended cab
on the road 6-7 months/year since Feb, 2009

Britespot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #3

The bolts for the jacknife couch are easy to remove, and have nothing to do with any of the bolts for the slide out itself. The couch has rails with bolts holding to the plywood.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #4

Default bolts for couch

Thanks - it was kind of hard to see when I tried earlier this year. I shall try again when we get home this fall!

Hope someone sees and answers your question!

Linda F
2009 X210 WBS
2014 Silverado
Old 07-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #5

Default Maybe talk to the service folks at the dealership?

Wolf --

When I am modifying my trailer, I sometimes ask questions of my service tech. Often, they know the answer and are willing to help! You'd think they would hoard their knowledge -- but they don't.

Dan
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #6

Prof, you would think, but around here, they do hoard their knowledge. (
Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #7

Default asking service tech

Hmm, I might do that if I had one I saw more than once

We travel around about 7 months/year so we tend to have all our maintenance done at Camping Worlds since they guarantee their work. Of course none are near where we live. I wrote a letter to CruiserRV but they never responded. I may see if anyone can answer my question the next time we get service done.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Linda F
2009 X210WBS
2014 Silverado ext. cab and Flex Fuel!!
2 adults, 3 cats
Old 07-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #8

I'm not sure if mine 18fbd would be built the same but the plywood floors hold up all the main walls. Not the metal frame. That is a few inches in from the edge of the plywood. I replaced my entire floor as part of my rebuild and it's not as simple as it sounds. Lol
Old 07-04-2014, 07:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4fun
I'm not sure if mine 18fbd would be built the same but the plywood floors hold up all the main walls. Not the metal frame. That is a few inches in from the edge of the plywood. I replaced my entire floor as part of my rebuild and it's not as simple as it sounds. Lol
Did you take pictures?
Old 07-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4fun
Did you take pictures?
Don't have a lot of pics replacing the floor but look in the maintaince section and look for a topic called "lots of water damage in the ceiling" it's about half way down on the first page. That's my thread for my rebuild. On page 2 look for a picture of a electrical junction box. In that pic in the upper right hand corner you can see the frame, plywood floor, and the siding wrapping around the bottom of the plywood. That's the best picture I have showing the frame not to the edge of the plywood.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #11

How did your replacement go? The floor in the slide of my 215wsk is rotten and I need to replace it
Old 10-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #12
APD

Nozzleman this thread is from 2014 but you may be able to PM the members who posted and get a response.

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is online now   Reply With Quote