Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #1

Default RVQ rack

So heres the thing since i bought my 189fbr in 2006 brand new ive been having problems, First of all. All of the plastic cabinet door props keep breaking or the screws pull out of the cabinet door so i have to keep fixing them then all the tie downs for the blinds keep pulling out of the wall because the screws aren't screwed into any joist, now last week Ive got steaks on the RVQ and the thing falls off the side of the trailer after looking at it i realize the 4 screws holding it on the trailer are also NOT screwed into any joist. Im really starting to think i got a lemon has any on else had this problem?

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #2

Default Re: RVQ rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball110
So heres the thing since i bought my 189fbr in 2006 brand new ive been having problems, First of all. All of the plastic cabinet door props keep breaking or the screws pull out of the cabinet door so i have to keep fixing them then all the tie downs for the blinds keep pulling out of the wall because the screws aren't screwed into any joist, now last week Ive got steaks on the RVQ and the thing falls off the side of the trailer after looking at it i realize the 4 screws holding it on the trailer are also NOT screwed into any joist. Im really starting to think i got a lemon has any on else had this problem?
Well we bought same unit and year Feb 2007 new.
We notice our BBQ is going to fall off soon. Screws are coming out, inside, inside wall paper peeling off, replaced srews for door grip, the first time out all our wireing under trailer drop dropped down, found out they used electrical tape to hold it up, we replace the gas regulatore to the propane tanks, front window has been removed three times to stop it from leaking, the mattress got wet and they replace it, top has been seal two times, anning came off, black water sensor does not work, drain pipe is to short and fell apart, storage was not big enough for new pipe, new battery after two years, the icons have peel off in the front and is doing the same thing on the side. Please note they have fixed these problems under warranttee. But that has run out now. We have put 14,000 miles on it. We did two long trips 6121 and 5661 miles, about 27 states, the rest has been local.

Retired3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #3

Fortunately I haven't had those problems. But I don't use the RVQ, as I don't like having that much heat right next to the wall. As a matter of fact, my next mod is to make it into a small shelf for my satellite radio. Maybe I'll rethink that.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #4

Default Re: RVQ rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired3
Quote:
Originally Posted by queball110
Well we bought same unit and year Feb 2007 new.
We notice our BBQ is going to fall off soon. Screws are coming out, inside, inside wall paper peeling off, replaced srews for door grip, the first time out all our wireing under trailer drop dropped down, found out they used electrical tape to hold it up, we replace the gas regulatore to the propane tanks, front window has been removed three times to stop it from leaking, the mattress got wet and they replace it, top has been seal two times, anning came off, black water sensor does not work, drain pipe is to short and fell apart, storage was not big enough for new pipe, new battery after two years, the icons have peel off in the front and is doing the same thing on the side. Please note they have fixed these problems under warranttee. But that has run out now. We have put 14,000 miles on it. We did two long trips 6121 and 5661 miles, about 27 states, the rest has been local.
Yeah i had the same window problem with that front window this year I took it out mermoial weekend and of course it rained like a B but yeah the front window started leaking i got into bed and it was soaking wet then i noticed the wall under the window was warping from the water, then the vinal is now pealing off the side of the overhead cabinet next to the door. I've had to fix every thing my self cuz I can leave it at my dealer for 3 weeks at a time get it back to find out they hadnt done a thing to it or broke something else. I also had to replace my LP regulator it was suppose to have an auto tank switch over of course the dealer didn't put one on like it was suppose to have so it was always drawing from both tanks. The bottom of my bathroom sink cabinet fell out cuz it was stapled from the bottom so the weight of the toilet chemicals and stuff pushed it down. My black tank sensor never reads right no matter how i clean it or what chemicals i put in it, it always reads full i even tried the bag of ice trick and it didn't work. My water pump doesn't shut off any more it runs constantly ive taken it to the dealer at least 4 times for this problem and they never fix it but now that its got worse of course my warrantee has expried. Im sure theres more problems that i can't think of right now but i have had to fix all this myself one of the things that drew me to buy a funfinder was the 2 year warrantee how others only had 1 years, but like i said my dealer is usless.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #5

Default RVQ grill

I've heard enough of the problems associated with the RVQ grill. Sounds like it doesn't grill that well either. The former owner never used the grill, and I don't plan to use it either, though I might look into a hose to attach to a Coleman stove for outdoor cooking. If I do, it will not be hanging on the TT wall, I think that's just a bad idea. So if anyone out there wants a brand new RVQ grill, swing by northern Minnesota, stay in one of our nice State Parks (preferably when spring comes) and I'll bring it by. Otherwise, it'll be taken out of the garage and put back in the TT when I decide to sell it. My suggestion would be to use plugs to fill the holes and reattach the grill holder, then caulk it up good and never use it again. Putting the grill on a small portable table seems like a much better deal to me than hanging it on the TT. The installer obviously missed the frame when he screwed it on the side of the TT. I use my portable Webber "Smokey Joe" grill and I'd rather barbecue with charcoal any day. Hope my suggestion helps you!

Dale N
dmnev is offline   Reply With Quote