Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #1

Default Satellite

Got my trailer out of winter storage today. Taking it in to get satellite set up in the trailer. I bought the winegard carry out 2 satellite set up, have to get the trailer ready for the satelitte, bringing the trailer in at 10 am.

seismo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #2

Hi seismo101,
I apologize for missing your earlier welcome post... So, welcome aboard

Where are you heading this season??

Good luck with the Sat antenna install...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #3

Wife and I are headed for the joshua tree nat. park on the 22 of this month.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seismo101 View Post
Wife and I are headed for the joshua tree nat. park on the 22 of this month.
Beautiful area, and be sure to post some pics...

Good luck, and have a great tirp...

Old 08-20-2016, 05:18 PM   #5

Update on the satellite setup... I have the winegard G2 carry out satellite antenna. I have the dish Wally receiver. Had my trailer set up for satellite. The system works just fine. Seems strange being out in the middle of no where and sitting in your trailer watching HBO, CNN, etc. etc.etc.

I love my satellite setup. With Dish I pay by the month for RVers. No contract, to me it's worth it.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #6

Okay - don't take this wrong (some will anyway.) First thing I did when I bought my FunFinder was remove the TV. I camp to camp - with some comforts of home-but no TV. No satellite. I might understand those that live in their camper wanting satellite TV. Just not for me.
Been in those Kampgrounds with the monster RVs with exterior TV offending everyone by blasting the playoffs or latest America's Got Talent.
Everyone's not the same.
Glad it works for you-nice to know the technology works!
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner421 View Post
Okay - don't take this wrong (some will anyway.) First thing I did when I bought my FunFinder was remove the TV. I camp to camp - with some comforts of home-but no TV. No satellite. I might understand those that live in their camper wanting satellite TV. Just not for me.
Been in those Kampgrounds with the monster RVs with exterior TV offending everyone by blasting the playoffs or latest America's Got Talent.
Everyone's not the same.
Hi runner421,
I don't think you are offending anyone, at least not me... I believe that each to their own as long as they don't bother others...

I upgraded the old Antenna Tech crank-up TV antenna with a Winegard this summer, but it is just television/HD/Digital stations... no satellite. We usually spend quite a bit of time trailering and some of our trips are a month or more with at least a week in one spot...

I, like you, don't watch TV much when camping; on the other hand, my wife likes to catch the news and watches a bit of TV in the morning and before she goes to sleep...

However, with all that said... I enjoy a little music and often listen to a little soft Native American Flute music in the background and if I get off my duff, I'll get a little 2m/40cm Ham rig and antenna installed before our next trip...

Happy camping runner421, and I truly believe that everyone is entitled to his or her own feelings and to camping as life pleases them, as long as they don't interfere with the same for others...

I hope to meet you around a friendly fire ring sometime and swap stories amongst friends

Old 08-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #8

Wife would like to have satellite TV in the camper but cannot justify the cost for the number of times it would be used.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:37 AM   #9

So I am on the fence of getting the King Quest (for Directv) or the King Jack HDTV antenna. I might be staying in the TT full time while working out of town so adding good reception is something I would like to do. Any one have experience with the two and pro's & con's for them??
G-money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:59 AM   #10

With the King/Jack, reception is clear and have always been able to receive at least a dozen over the air channels.

Of course, satellite reception would provide a greater selection of channels/shows.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner421 View Post
Everyone's not the same.
We agree with you about using the tv while camping. Actually, we don't use commercial tv at home either. We have Internet and Apple TV and Roku. That's enough for us. Our last camping trip there was a middle aged couple blasting their music, it was very annoying. I walked over and politely asked them to turn it down. They did but as I walked away I could hear the man and his buddy grousing about it. "What does she like, opera?" Snicker, snicker. I have no qualms about telling rude people to pipe down.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
We agree with you about using the tv while camping. Actually, we don't use commercial tv at home either. We have Internet and Apple TV and Roku. That's enough for us. Our last camping trip there was a middle aged couple blasting their music, it was very annoying. I walked over and politely asked them to turn it down. They did but as I walked away I could hear the man and his buddy grousing about it. "What does she like, opera?" Snicker, snicker. I have no qualms about telling rude people to pipe down.
Hey Mich,
You missed a good opportunity... You should have responded, "Yes, on occasion, but I prefer it in the background, not deafening ... Have a good evening kids and don't make me come out here again."

Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #13

Good one John. I do like all kinds of music but don't inflict it on others. I can't imagine using the outside speakers in a campground or having music turned up so loud inside that it would be clearly heard across a campground road.
But your suggestion was priceless. The nice tenting family beside us said those people were really drunk. We used a portable fan to drown them out the rest of the night.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote