Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #1

Default Satellite Dish operation

We recently purchased a 2006 Fun Finder 240 with a Satellite Dish. There was no manual with the trailer. Does anyone know if to connect the satellite you have to do anything other than connect to the cable connection in the trailer?

Praz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:22 AM   #2

I wish mine came with a satellite TV! My guess is that all you would have to do is set your TV input on Satellite (or aux.) and scan for channels. I'd love to know how it works, and if it works--the satellite or provider.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 AM   #3

Default Re: Satellite Dish operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz
We recently purchased a 2006 Fun Finder 240 with a Satellite Dish. There was no manual with the trailer. Does anyone know if to connect the satellite you have to do anything other than connect to the cable connection in the trailer?
You sure can but you need to do a little rewiring on that tv jack where the tv plugs in the wall. after you rewire that then you can plug your satilite into the cable park plug out side. Ill see if i can find the wiring diagram i used and post it for u.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball110
Quote:
You sure can but you need to do a little rewiring on that tv jack where the tv plugs in the wall. after you rewire that then you can plug your satilite into the cable park plug out side. Ill see if i can find the wiring diagram i used and post it for u.

Ok what you need to do is the plate on the wall where you plug your tv into the antenna your going to take that plate off on the back there will be 2 wires basicly one says set 1 2nd says cable and the 3rd set 2 which should be empty your going to unscrew the one that says cable there should be enough slack in it that you can pull it threw the wall some more you need enough slack on it because this will be the cable that screws onto the Satellite input on the back of the satellite receiver. so you need to rout it back threw the hole in the wall where the wires come from for your dvd player. from that point all you need to do is put you dish out side screw the cable onto the plug outside and point your dish. If your cable inside the trailer was wired like mine you'll have to the ends off the cable they unscrew and just make sure none of the outside wiring shield is touching the center coper wire. i had to take the plug off the out side of the trailer and fix the cable that screws onto the back of it and also the wire you pulled from the wall to plug into the receiver if any of that out side shield wire is touching that middle wire it will not work! any ways the wire that is marked cable tha you unscrewed and pulled threw the wire MUST be connected directly to the receiver it can not go threw the wall plate. like normal. good luck if you have problems let me know
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok what you need to do is the plate on the wall where you plug your tv into the antenna your going to take that plate off on the back there will be 2 wires basicly one says set 1 2nd says cable and the 3rd set 2 which should be empty your going to unscrew the one that says cable there should be enough slack in it that you can pull it threw the wall some more you need enough slack on it because this will be the cable that screws onto the Satellite input on the back of the satellite receiver. so you need to rout it back threw the hole in the wall where the wires come from for your dvd player. from that point all you need to do is put you dish out side screw the cable onto the plug outside and point your dish. If your cable inside the trailer was wired like mine you'll have to the ends off the cable they unscrew and just make sure none of the outside wiring shield is touching the center coper wire. i had to take the plug off the out side of the trailer and fix the cable that screws onto the back of it and also the wire you pulled from the wall to plug into the receiver if any of that out side shield wire is touching that middle wire it will not work! any ways the wire that is marked cable tha you unscrewed and pulled threw the wire MUST be connected directly to the receiver it can not go threw the wall plate. like normal. good luck if you have problems let me know
My problem is the previous owner rewired for satellite dish and I think stuff was not put back to normal. My antenna will not work. I have the tv jack off the wall and there is only one cable connected --can you tell me how the connections should look?
raecarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #6

Default Subscription

I would bet you need to purchase a monthl subscription and receiver from the TV vendor like Direct TV or Dish Network. If I'm wrong please let me know....
Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #7

Default Towing a 160 (v6 or v8)?

Seems with all that I've read.... the consensus for towing a 160 is that a v6 can do it but for rocky mountains a v8 is better.... so I think I'm going to a Ford F150 or Chev Silverado vice a Toyota Tacoma.... I'd rather be a little overpowerd than underpowered..... I'm not hard over but that's the way I'm leaning.... The mileage doesn't seem to be very different....

thanks,
Old 04-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #8

Default Satelite TV

Did you ever get it working? If so, what did you do?