Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #1

Default Shower Floor Installation Concern

We've camped several times with our new Shadow Cruiser 285RLS and have not yet noticed any leakage from the shower area; however, when stepping into the shower, it is evident the floor was not totally glued down. In a sense, it feels "squishy or Soft" with some play between the shower bottom and the TT Trailer floor. The dealer initially stated this was normal becuase the floor needs to move as the trailer moves or it may crack. This made sense to me, however, the DW doesn't think this is quite right and feels it should be totally secured to the floor of the TT. Can someone just provide some advice on this issue? Is it normal, acceptable and correct? Thank you.

V-8 5.7 Hemi
Rus Lwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #2

We just purchsed a 2013 Viewfinder 22RBDS the first of August and had the same issue. Before our purchase I had a few questions about Cruiser Rv and the Viewfinder and called the factory. The rep, Curtis I think, said the soft spot on the shower floor would be covered under warranty and to have my dealer contact them and fix it. We decided to purchase the tt and the dealer reinforced the soft spot on the floor and also addressed our concerns about the loose shower walls. All was repaired and looked good for our PDI. We camped in the trailer one weekend so far and no problems.

RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #3

Thank you.
V-8 5.7 Hemi
Rus Lwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #4

Default Soft Spot Shower Floor

Hi Russ,

We had the same problem with our shower. At first the dealer said that it could not be repaired because if it was repaired, it would block access to the shower drain.

I shot a video of the soft spot and sent it to the factory.

After the factory reviewed the video they instructed the dealer to make the repair which they did. The problem is now solved.

Regards,
Alan
alan2544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #5

Default Re: Soft Spot Shower Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan2544
Hi Russ,

We had the same problem with our shower. At first the dealer said that it could not be repaired because if it was repaired, it would block access to the shower drain.

I shot a video of the soft spot and sent it to the factory.

After the factory reviewed the video they instructed the dealer to make the repair which they did. The problem is now solved.

Regards,
Alan
Unable to open your youtube link, private?
2003 7.3 Ford Excursion Diesel 4x4
2011 250 Ford Super Duty
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-O...hp7nmAm9PM.jpg
mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote