Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #1

Default Shower stops up

X160 the shower stops up have to bail it out gray water tank and black water tank have both been tempted did it before and it dropped off a block when I was moving it we got home and it was clear where are the campsite now and I don't want to drop it again that was by accident at the trailer hitch so if anyone has an idea other than a plunger on how to clear that shower drain please let me know thank you text 7707229886

wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #2

I am going to try to text you -- but my answer is to use a long flexible thin piece of plastic (like a cable tie) to break up the blockage. That has worked for me -- hope it helps!

Old 08-27-2020, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
I am going to try to text you -- but my answer is to use a long flexible thin piece of plastic (like a cable tie) to break up the blockage. That has worked for me -- hope it helps!
Found a cable tie that reached whatever was blocking it, gonna keep it in the shower JIC,
Thanks
Old 09-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #4

Just like your drains at home, I'm guessing that hair was clogging the trap ��.
BTW, I'm not a teacher or a grammarian but I'm compelled to mention that basic capitalization and punctuation (and probably spelling) make a post MUCH easier to understand ��. Not judging just sayin' ��

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:46 PM   #5

RipVan, reading between the lines it looks like the OP was posting via text from a campground. Speaking just for myself, I find that texting makes it much harder to insert proper punctuation, etc. (Unless I am dictating, which is not always available with weak cell signals.)
Old 09-06-2020, 06:32 AM   #6

Yessir, profidant139 nailed it, at campground hot, tired, after 8 trips to dump spare tank trying to get shower to empty. I am not a phone text typer on a good day and an not too concerned about annoying things like punctuation, grammar, etc. I apologize to any "offended" by my lack of concern over those things. I did find a small plastic snake that had a crank handle attachment that winds thru the small pipes rather easily and it is not a permanent bathroom fixture. Nothing can throw sand on a great camping trip like a necessity item failure with equipment, camper or unknown problems.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
Yessir, profidant139 nailed it, at campground hot, tired, after 8 trips to dump spare tank trying to get shower to empty. I am not a phone text typer on a good day and an not too concerned about annoying things like punctuation, grammar, etc. I apologize to any "offended" by my lack of concern over those things. I did find a small plastic snake that had a crank handle attachment that winds thru the small pipes rather easily and it is not a permanent bathroom fixture. Nothing can throw sand on a great camping trip like a necessity item failure with equipment, camper or unknown problems.
I can certainly sympathize with your situation. Those kinds of issues do have the tendency to spoil what should otherwise be an enjoyable activity. I'm glad that the situation has been resolved and you've found a relatively easy solution should it occur in the future.
I wasn't "offended" but over the past few years I'm finding it disturbing that our mobile devices and their apps have been essentially degrading language to a point that can and most certainly has, resulted in miscommunication! Grammar, punctuation and spelling are essential to clear communication and shouldn't be considered as "annoying". As I mentioned, I'm not a grammarian and I'm sure (just ask my wife) that I've misspelled words, used improper punctuation and/or been grammatically incorrect on more than a few occasions. I do try to be correct and clear in my communication. Everyone else should too! Just sayin'.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote