Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #1

Default Slide Leak

I have a 2010 210WBS and the last few times we have been out in it the slide leaks at the rear when it is open. Have checked the seals and they appear good. I even applied sealent to the L bracket in the corner bottom as it is only screwed in place. Looking under the sofa you can see daylight in both corners where the seal doesn't quite meet the other seal. Slide has been in and out a total of 20 times and has never leaked before and we have been out in some big storms. Anybody else have this problem and how did you fix it. looks like a big deal to replace the slide flap seals and I am out of warranty.

Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #2

Default Leak Check

You will need to do a leak check. It requires two people, one outside with a hose and one inside checking around the slide as water is sprayed onto the slide.

Lift the carpet up to be able to look under the slide with a flashlight also. There is a black plastic molded piece that is attached to the camper floor that runs the length of the slide which can carry water to the edges and leak inside the camper.

CubFanMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #3

Ok what I found was that the water runs down the side of the slide out, across the bottom of the slide and runs in where the seals are not quite touching. If I go under and push the flap seals up to meet the bottom no water leaks in. Checking the slide with the RV level I found that the slide's outer wall is up at the bottom, and water runs downhill. I can see that there are adjustments under the sofa that can be made but i am worried that if I make it bow down to make the water run away it will cause an alignment problem. I am going to a local RV dealer to see if they have any larger flap seals that I can install.
Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote