Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #1

Default Soft Shower Floor in 214wsd

We just purchased a 2012 Fun Finder X. The shower floor has soft spots. Has anyone else had this problem?

The dealer said that if he tries to re-enforce it, the access to the drain for service would be blocked.

Any info would be appreciated.

You can reply to this post or email me at:

tampabaypropertydeals@gmail.com

Thanks,
Alan[/url]

alan2544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #2

I have a 2011 244rbs that had a shower floor that was soft between the drain and the shower door. I worried that the up and down movement would crack the shower floor or bust the driin pipe. On the outside of the pan, below the shower door is an access panel ( on mine). I made a brace from plywood and 2x4's . Looks like a box with the 2x4's as the vertical legs and the plywood as horizontal top and bottom parts. I assembled one piece of the plywood to the 2x4's, put that under the shower pan then slid in the bottom plywood wedging my brace in place. It has stayed put. I could see daylight where my drain pipe passes through the trailer floor. i used Great Stuff to fill in the gap. i hope this helps.

next2dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #3

Default Soft Shower Floor

Hi next2dixie,

Sorry for the delayed reply. It sounds like you solved the problem. I too, have an access door and will take a look.

Thanks for the info.

Alan
Old 05-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #4

Good post. I have a X-139 model that has the same issue.

Will take a look at it when I have some time.
tractng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #5

We have the same FF and the same 'weak spot'. I have not yet fixed it, but I can't believe ... yes I can ... that the dealer thinks they have to do a fix that can't easily be removed for plumbing access ... my solution is basically the same as next2dixie's, but I was making it light with a 'T' made of 1/2" plywood gluednscrewed, a piece of foam between the 'T' and the shower base and a small cleat on the bottom of the 'T' to screw it into the floor. Need access, you just remove screws and take the whole thing out. I may re-think the idea of a 'box' over a 'T' .... Hmmm maybe a hybrid ...

I think the reinforcement is needed since that is a guaranteed stress point with every shower taken!

And, FYI, I found that all the holes where drains were going through the floor needed to be foam filled.

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #6

Default Soft Shower Floor

Hi Fishnet,

I contacted Cruiser RV and spoke with Mr. Gentry. I also sent him a
video with the "gap" under the shower floor. He agreed to have the dealer
fix it. I brought it to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and indeed, they did fix it. I too have the gap around the shower drain that needs to be foamed.

Let me know how you make out.

Alan
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #7

alan2544; THX for that .. ours is going into the dealer again for some more fix ups. imust say that they (Blue Dog RV in Hayden and Post Falls, ID) have been making a valiant effort with smiles to get everything taken care of for us. So, I may have them take a look at this one as well and hAve them recheck my drain holes. I think those are just let go often in the assembly line due to time allowed for at that point. some of mine had none, some seemed 'half-hearted' at best, one was over done .. too much foam that oozing out!

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote