Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #1

Default Some questions and Ideas?

So since im stuck with my little fun finder and have no chance of trading it in unless i want to roll over a big debt onto a new one. I want to make mine more enjoyable. first of all im thinking of installing one of those cheap 5.1 surround sound system so i was thinking i could put a floor in my closet just below the door and then take out that front panel thats under the door and put some speaker fabric or something over and and lay and velcrov the small sub box down there and then mount the other 5 speakers from the ceiling some how and removed them useless ones from under the cabinets the outside speaks sound better then them lol. also I want to remove my small 25 gallon fresh water tank and put a 43 gallon or so in its place. also since i have a 19 inch flat screen tv i want to make put a wall up behind the tv to lessen the space behind the tv cuz its all waisted any ways so make it a little lees deep which means i could go in the bathroon and cut a hole in the wall and maybe put a cabinet door there above the toilet and turn that space into a towel closet . then put shelves in the closet yo cant hang clothes up any ways the all fall down while your driving. Id also like to modify the space under the bed so i can have a pass threw storage and put a bigger door on the outside and put one on the other side so it would be like the new ones but i think the bed is a couple inches higher in the newer models does any one know of a goof foam to put in the dinnet cushions that cheap crap they have in there now isn't worth sitting on with in 10 minutes it is flattened out and your sitting on the wood lol. And i sure wish i could find a glass surround for the shower that damn curtain doesn't do anything and with kids theres water all over the floor and the sink counter top. does any one have ideas or suggestions for what im planning? PS i want to do an axle flip to to get it off the ground more.

queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Site Team

Wow, that's quite the list of improvements! I'm not familiar with the layout of your trailer and I've not done any of these myself. I think I remember reading a thread here where someone did add a door to make a pass through. For the cushion foam you might try a local upholstery place, they can give you some advice on the best type of foam to use and probably cut the pieces to size for you. For your shower door, Camping World sells a pleated door that runs in a track which might fit your need.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ower-door/1963

Otherwise someplace like Home Depot might have something workable. Let us know how you make out!

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
Wow, that's quite the list of improvements! I'm not familiar with the layout of your trailer and I've not done any of these myself. I think I remember reading a thread here where someone did add a door to make a pass through. For the cushion foam you might try a local upholstery place, they can give you some advice on the best type of foam to use and probably cut the pieces to size for you. For your shower door, Camping World sells a pleated door that runs in a track which might fit your need.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ower-door/1963

Otherwise someplace like Home Depot might have something workable. Let us know how you make out!
I have a 2006 189fbr fun finder theres a knock off call the Harmony by sunny brook they have that cabinet in the bathroom im talking about also they have the exact same shower same size and every thing and it has a glass surround.
queball110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Site Team

OK, from the brochure posted in files section I see you have that 3 sided opening corner shower. That sliding thinf from Camping World sure won't work. Home Depot & Lowes both carry those type of shower doors, although I can't tell if the dimensions would fit. They are pricey though - like $600
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote