Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #1

Default Squeaky suspension

Hi ,
Went camping for 1st time this yr. I noticed as i was towing my trailer through the campground to find my site the suspension was sqweeking! Idont tow more than about 1k a yr and have had the trailer for 6yrs. I figure its time to change the bushings and equalizer on the suspension. I am a pretty good diy'er, so just looking to see if anyone else has done this and if they have any tips getting bushings out and stuff. Already have the parts ordered and decided to try lipperts never fail bushings (ya i know, no such thing as far as fail goes!)but read good reviews on them compared to brass.

Thanks,
Chris

FunFindsUs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:45 AM   #2

I had the same situation driving thru a camp site and the suspension was squeaking big time. I ended up buying some spray silicone and squirting the **** out of the leaf springs and what ever I thought would cause squeaking.

It stopped the squeaking.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:58 PM   #3

For years my 2010 would squeal going through campgrounds. I discovered that it was due to the electric brakes. The magnet was rubbing the drum when not engaged and creating a squeal. Did some checking and found that dexter had problems with their electro magnets around 2010- 2011 that made a squeal. Replaced the electro magnets and now all is quite.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:51 PM   #4

Chris,
I had the same experience with my 2008 210WBS. I bought the Lippert kit of bushings and did the job myself two years ago. It sure did the trick. No more stares when we roll into a campground!

I am fortunate enough to store my trailer on an asphalt pad at a friend's house. I used two floor jacks and some jack stands and blocks. While some of the old bushings were a bit hard to get out I did not have any problem. I replaced all bushings and bolts but reused the equalizer.

Good luck and enjoy the quiet!

Ron
RonCronk is offline   Reply With Quote