Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #1

Default Stabilizer Motor

I’m looking for a replacement motor for my 2012 Fun Finder X. The stabilizer won’t go down, the motor sounded like it was trying to turn until a puff of smoke came out of it. Pretty sure it needs replaced. Where can I find a replacement part online?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Nick 12 FFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:54 PM   #2

Unfortunately, you appear to have released the Magic Smoke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_smoke

Hang in there, and good luck!!

Old 08-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #3

WE have gone thru two of them and they are difficult to remove and not cheap. One burnt out when a storage bin was wedged against the switches and tried to raise them until the motor burned out. No fuses on these circuits which I have since added . The other one would not go down after a winter of storage and it was all rusted inside. Its A week link in the manufacture of the trailer. I have since added a lot of silicone at the wiring connections to the motor case to keep moisture out and have gone 3 years with no more issues.

The motor (IG-42gm) without the shiny cover case is available from Lippert 574-537-8900. You can go on line and search for the product number to see it and then order.

Item in your order Qty Price
IG-42gm 12v Motor

SKU: 240015 BU-039
2 $217.90

Subtotal $217.90
Shipping & Handling $29.09
Grand Total $246.99

ps I also made up an adapter to be able to remove the motor and use a drill instead which is much easier and I would not get another trailer with these stabilizer motors as they are a nuisance when they do not work and a nightmare if it happens when its down. It becomes easier to remove the whole bracket plus motor from the trailer frame is that happens to you as its just nuts and bolts and not tight fitting hex keys.

Good Luck
DarMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #4

Default Stabilizers

From my experience -- all mechanical items will eventually fail.

Not a question of if -- just a question of when...

When a convenient electrical upgrade like an electric stabilizer fails -- it can be extremely difficult to remedy on the spot without removing and/or cutting.

Your solution of an electric drill and socket is very good.

That is what I use on our 189FBS and also our Six-Pac cabover slide-in camper for the mechanical jacks.

Good to have a 1/2" battery drill on board, anyway -- for other quick issues.

A new scissors type mechanical stabilizer is about $40. (X) 4, that is around $175 with tax -- and no more issues. Plus I carry a grease gun, as well as a mechanical old fashioned hand crank.

Best, Fred
foakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #5

I read about issues with the electrically driven stabilizers so when ordered my unit, I did NOT select that option.
IMO - the best solution is to replace them with manual stabilizers, anyway that is what I'd do if had them and they failed.
Others may feel differently so your choice.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:03 PM   #6

The source for the motor without the insane profit:

https://kindmotor.en.alibaba.com/pro...1_nm_15nm.html

About $10

bigjohnsd is offline   Reply With Quote