Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #1

Default Storage Ideas/Questions X189FBR

Anybody know if there is anything else in the cabinet space above the dinette that houses the out door speakers?
I was thinking of putting a divider in each one so I could get more cabinet space.

Has anyone added cabinet doors to the dinette bench to access the storage area? Call me old, but I hate lifting up the cushions & board to access under there.

Also, I'm looking for ideas to clean up my outside storage area (pass thru).
Has any added slide out trays? or some sort of rack?

Thanks in Advance.
Jeff

Old 05-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #2

Default 189 storage

Hi Jeff; I have cut an opening on the lower entry side of my dinette and installed a heavy duty stainless steel ball bearing glider basket. I just spoke with my dealer about the best solution to trimming it out; and I loved his suggestion. I am going to pick up a front cupboard panel, paint it to match the interior white, put a brushed nickel door handle on it and attach it to the basket so all I have to do is pull that handle and out glides the basket. I use the basket during towing to keep the tandem locks, and the tool to make the adjustments to them with, then once I am set up, I use the basket for shoes and flip flops when we come in the door. The other thing I was considering was changing my outdoor storage to a pass thru since I have an 06 model it can handle that mod under the FBR. Another little thing I did and still am pleased with is in the bathroom. I installed a curtain rod that is a valance type (extends out from the wall a couple of inches) toward the ceiling behind the toilet, then I put a tab curtain on it to hide the long items which I hang behind the curtain on pinch type holders; stiff broom to clean off the awning before closing up, a wet/dry swifter for mopping the floor, as well as, a carpet/rug swifter pole to clean the throw rugs or the upholstery. I would put pictures up here but I do not know how to, sorry.
Nancy

Kampnsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #3

I like the drawer idea, but how do you keep it from opening while in motion?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #4

Default drawer

Jeff, When I installed the basket it "parks" itself in a position that requires me to pull on it to release it, so I intend to install the cabinet door flush with the dinette wall and use a piece of color matcing wood to attach the door to the basket in it's "parked" position. I ordered the cabinet door, and do not even need to paint it, should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks, my son is already on cutting my pieces of wood to slip between the exterior and interior panel edges to increase the stability of the cut out, I did not remove the wood on the floor since it was part of the dinette frame and does not interfer with the basket sliding out over it. If the cabinet facia arrives sooner and I finish it up, you know I will be anxious to share it with you, someone is going to have to help me figure out how to add IMG to these replies, sorry I do not understand what I am suppose to do to load pictures here.
But I am very excited about this project, and I have been utilizing the basket since mid to late summer last year and it worked beautifully!
Kampn
Old 06-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #5

Nancy, Can you tell me where you got the basket or describe it in more detail, What was it originally intended for?

Thanks, Ron
Monroe Sensa-Trac Load adjusting rear shocks
Reese Pro Series Weight Distribution/SC Hitch
Voyager Brake Controller
rmacera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #6

Default basket

Hi Ron, I purchased the basket from Bed Bath & Beyond, it was called a Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Basket which came with the ball bearing rollers for a floor mount. BBB had all different baskets, I picked this one because it wasn't flimsy, it shouldn't rust, and I had measured the area & knew it would fit. I just finished my last chemo treatment, can't wait to go get the trailer and attach the cabinet door, it was a perfect match. I already attached the brushed nickel handle; I picked one that curved on the ends toward the cabinet so objects should not get hooked by it. The only disappointment I have is the cabinet will not have any trim/wall showing at the bottom since the basket glides out from the floor. Although, if I uninstall it, I could raise it, cut the above opening a tad more and finish the floor board, youv'e got me thinking on this project again! Anyway, it is super convenient to have that basket right there & so accessable. Not very difficult, and I have felt, worth my money and time. Best of Luck.
Kampnsfun
Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #7

Default new drawers

can't take the credit for the work, but the idea was mine.

I have one drawer under each seat. So much more useful.